Saturday, June 10, 2006

UPDATE

I’m going to take Penn’s suggestion and throw in a weekly summation update. It will follow the calendar, thus going from Sun to Sat. This will give my blog a quick reference function, so I can easily look back and get an overall feel for my week’s work, (progress, or not, stakes, and the like,) in the “not so distant future.” (I’ve always wanted to say that, ever since I watched my first episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Damn I only just now realized that I’m a nerd. Sad really. Ahh, who cares?)

I played 6 days this week. A few days, short sessions and some long. 3 days I only played for an hr. 4 days I won. 2 days I lost. 1 big win day and 1 big loss day, back to back. I played only at Px and UB this week and I only played at the $25NL tables.

Not a bad week. I will start keeping track of the hrs also, from now on, the best I can anyways.

Week Ending 6/10/06 = +$153.46

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which type of software or website service do you currently us to track and analyse your session results?

If you're using Poker Tracker, then it's likely that you're only seeing the headline dollar values, hours played, bb/hour etc. PT is a great tool when it is used to drill down into gameplay. On the flipside though, when you want to zoom right back out and take-in the big picture I find that it is very weak. Say for example that you want to calculate your average return, you'll find yourself crunching those numbers manually.

If you're using simple spreadsheet (or something similar) the number crunching can be automated. Before you can automate though, you usually need some nifty formula writing skills, and for many of us that's a quite a hurdle.

The point which I'm finally arriving at is that you may find that you could benefit from migrating your session summaries to one of the many free online poker diaries.

Last time I checkd there were maybe half a dozen 'me-too' options to choose from. Mostly all of 'em will spew out all of the neccessary p&l analysis but they'll also crunch your 'overall returns', 'overall win rates', 'average win rates', 'standard deviation', etc.

You'll also have one-click access to all the graphs that you could wish for.

Sounds like a good idea? Perhaps you're already using these tools and I'm preaching to the converted!? :o

If this is new news to you, try this link for starters http://www.thehendonmob.com/MyPokerDiary/

If your interested I'll add some more links for alternative offerings.

ashmc2 said...

Sounds good - I currently use PT. And I very rarely input anything into the database. So yes, I wouldn't mind checking out your links.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I use he Hendon Mob diary. The graphs and charts aren't super snazzy, but importantly their service is reliable and available. I've never had any access problems so I can confidently give it a thumbs up.

Two alternatives that seem to be quite popular are: http://www.pokerdominator.com/ http://www.pokertracking.com/

I'm sure that one of these will fit the bill. If not, let me know and I'll try to extract some more links from my old PC.