Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hitting TP on the Blind Steal Attempt or The Post Before the Last Post Post

This happened before my last post or I wouldn't have been playing $25NL.

I didn't have much time today before work, so I really never should have gotten on. Holdem is a game of patience. (At least it is for the tight-passives. "I'm not totally passive," the punk reassures himself.) I only played for 30 mins. I had one big hand and lost it to a horrible beat, so I got off right then on all my tables. I didn't even wait for the blinds. Son-of-a. I just got off and checked the forums.

It was one of those hands that you would normally never get too attached to but you're sure this guy doesn't have shit. The insidious blind steal gone wrong play. It starts with you trying to steal the big blind when you're in the small blind. You raise and he reraises you and you're sure he full of it. We've all done it. You know the one. It usually ends with you saying, "Why did I try to steal that." There is also the other version - The you ain't going to steal my blind steal gone wrong play.

As I already stated, I raised and he reraised. I call with my A9s. Flop comes over 962. (Hit TP and gold baby, I'm thinking.) I bet and he raises. (Ah, still won't stop bullshitting aye. I'll teach ya.) He only has a small amount more so I put him allin and he calls with 97, dumby was obviously thinking the same thing about me as I was thinking about him or he wouldn't of ever gotten mixed up in this hand and big betting sequence with that junk. Turn is a blank. River brings the dreaded 7, along with the end of my short session.

And I can't blame the guy for playing that junk like most people would, because he wasn't likely a loose donkey, he was just a poor sap that thought he'd steal a blind steal attempt.


Online Bankroll
-27.00
Total $2279.63

No comments: