Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Call or Left of Mad Aggression

Well, I get home this morning and there are no $50 tables open on Px but there are 2 open at the $100 stakes. I sit down and I blind down for 30 min or so. El bolas, normally a semi-tight player at $50NL was at my table talking junk with another guy at the table. He seemed to be tilting somewhat and was showing mad aggression. I was one seat over to his left, just where I wanted to be. He was stealing my blinds every time I was on the big. He was raising to $6 PF at least 3 times a cycle. I went into super tight mode and was trying to wait for a nice starting hand. But I got sick of it once when I was on the blind. It was folded around to him, he raised, I had 68s, and called. Flop came 225 I checked and he bet 1/2 pot and I called. 6 came on turn. I check and he bets like $35. I insta-call. River is a K. I check and he goes allin. I don't even hesitate. (I know if I would have lost this hand I'd be writing how loose and dumb I played this hand, but I had a good read on him. He actually showed his junk hands a few times before this when he bluffed and everyone folded.) I take down the hand. The very next hand I am dealt QQ. A few limp around to me, el bolas included. I raise it from the SB to $4 he is the only caller. Flop comes nine high and he goes allin. I call and all he has is a backdoor flush draw. I take down the pot. I took a total of $130 off him in back to back hands. I played a total of 1 1/2 hrs.

Online Bankroll
+134.08
Total $2453.52

No comments: