Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Soccer Today So No Poker Yet or Hey It Is My Blog So You'll Read It And Like It

I'll give you the kids' soccer update from today's games. Today was their 1st games of the season. Daughter's team ages 6 to 8 year olds. Son's team ages from 9 to 11.

My daughter's team was down 2-5 at the half. They made one hell of a comeback and tied the game at 7 apiece. No golden goal over kickoffs at these ages. While my daughter was goalie she made an great save, diving backwards to land on the ball at the goalline. Sadly she did get scored on once also. Very good game. High scoring.

One downside to my daughter's game was that on the opposing team was my friend's daughter. And just standing beside him is embarrassing, because he forgets it's a friendly game at this age, and rants and raves. I understand why he is so intense, but I see the other parents giving his antics surreptitious looks of disdain. You see, he is an immigrant from Slovakia, and he played some in college. He's just a soccer nut and talks about what was expected of him growing up playing the game at this same level. He was really pissed the second half at our comeback. Hehe. I was goading him somewhat.

My son's game was a romp. I actually felt bad for the other team. We won 8-0. My son scored 4 goals. He was unstoppable today. He had no less than 12 shots on goal, which is just crazy. His kicks were wild and high all freaking game long. It was driving me crazy. The crowd was standing or coaxing in anticipation only to sigh loudly in disappointment over and over. Little punk. LOL. He missed like 3 one on ones. I can't complain too much, he did score 4 goals.

I was very proud of both of them today. They played well.

No comments: