Friday, June 23, 2006

The Long Climb Back or Long Session

I played for 5 1/2 hrs last night. I played at Px and FT at the $50 tables. I was down from the very start. I lost a huge pot where I went allin PF with KK vs AA and AK. Aces held the line and I dropped a whole buyin. I scratched and clawed my way out of the hole all night long, just barely making it out of the cave of malcontent.

No joke, I only won with K's once all night. Every other time an Ace hit the board on the flop or turn and there was a pot-sized raise. It was really pissing me off.

The weirdest hand of the night was one where I won. You ever get those hands where you have a very hard call to make and when you're done sweating it to the end and the guy shows his cards you wonder what the retard was thinking trying to steal a miniscule pot with all his chips, with suck a totally crap hand.

I have QQ and raise it to $2 PF. The button goes allin for $17. (I normally wouldn't call a large reraise with Q's, because you'll usually find yourself up against A's or K's.) But this was a huge over bet and it didn't feel like he wanted any action. (Some jerkoffs will pull this junk play with AA, KK, or QQ, but is usually done with AK, when it isn't straight-up shit.) Anyways, I make a crying call here and he turns over J9o. I laugh out loud and then a 7 and a T hit the board. (I apologize real quick like to the poker Gods. Bless their souls.) I start thinking that maybe RK's theory about online poker being fixed maybe has some credence. But no 8 came and my view on the subject isn't swayed for another day.

Online Bankroll
+2.53
Total $$2543.15

No comments: