Saturday, June 10, 2006

Another Mini Session or My Before Work Fix

I played for about an hr this afternoon before having to eat and prepare for work. I did the UB/Px thing like normal. I cashed on both sites. I was actually down on both a little until my last circuits on both. I needed to get off, so I clicked off the auto post blinds buttons on all the tables. As I was waiting for the blinds I get pocket 7's on Px. I end-up hitting trips on the flop and winning a $10 pot to put me up. On UB 2 tables reach the blinds so I close them out, and as I'm waiting for the last table to die, I get Aces. (It sounds so dramatic. I think I should send NBC a manuscript or something. Maybe I could write for CSI or some other gay show that I don't watch. OK, pipedream moment there guys. Sorry about that. It's the meds. OK, now back to your interrupted program, which is already in progress...) It was probably a loose call, but the way he played the hand didn't sale me on the big river raise. Flop comes AT6 one-suited. He bets, I raise and he calls. (If I had the flush, I'm not opening the betting on the flop, I go into slow play/raise calling mode. Unless maybe I have 2 small suited, which if another of that suit comes my power hand just left the building. Anyhoo, I put him on Ax, probably nice kicker, and he's afraid of the flush so he's trying to take it down now.) Low card of another suit comes next and he checks, (No surprise there,) I raise and he calls. River brings J of another suit. He throws out a pot-sized raise. I go into the think tank. (I don't believe the flush for a minute. I probably would have check raised the turn, unless it was the nut flush. He hit his straight? I know I wouldn't have bet on that flop board and then called the raise with a KQ. I just don't know what this guy has and it has my heart palpitating. I can't really decide if I'm beat or not but I decide one thing - I can't lay it down.) Call time? No, I decide it's allin time. I honestly would like to say it is because I put him on the bluff, but I think it was really a scared bet. It was only 5 bucks more into a $20 plus pot. When he calls I'm sure he's beat me, but he turns over A6 (2 pr) and I end the session up again today. I have to say I would have played his hand much like he did, other than the river bet. I would have check/called the river.

Work time. Woooooo.

Online Bankroll
+28.70
Total $2306.63

No comments: