Wednesday, June 14, 2006

No Online Play or Mini-tourneys at Mom's

Nothing much to post. I didn't play at all yesterday. I started an Ebay account and that took a lot more effort that I originally figured. I decided why hang on to all those comics, baseball cards, coins, magic cards, and other assorted packrat shit that I've accumulated throughout my life. I opened up the closet yesterday and the nostalgia just flowed forth from all the boxes. I spent a lot of time just reminiscing and looking at everything again. Each box holding a new surprise! I constantly fought the temptation to repack things and horde them away for another decade. I still have months of stuff to place on Ebay, but I plan on doing it slowly. So I should have time for poker.

On the poker front. I played live tourneys with family on Monday night. We played all night long. We started with 6 players and then after 2 or 3 games dropped down to 4. I think we played like 7 or 8 games. We were drinking a little and the shit talking was a little heavy at times. When I say we play long I'm not joking. I played until I got that, "It's 5:30 in the freakin' morning, and I have to go to work, so get your poker playing ass home and bring me my car, because your stupid-assed truck is empty, and if you think I'm going to fill it up your crazy, and for another ...," call, to which I said, "yes, you're right, yes, umm huh, yes, I am that, yes, you're right, sorry, no really I totally agree, I don't think that would fit in my ass, sorry, have I told you yet today how much I love you, sorry, OK, I'm on my way right now, love ya, bye." I hang up and everyone looks at me laughing and calls me whipped. The game breaks up within mins.

I did well. I got 3 1st/2nd places, 1 3rd, and out of the money 2 or 3 times. All in all, I did really well. I got caught on a sick bluff for all my chips one game. It took my Bro forever to call, even though he had a nice hand, because he knows my game. In the end he calls and I turn over a busted draw and almost double him up. Oh yea, the 1st/2nd places are where we just split the kitty between 1st and 2nd, so we could start another game so that the people sitting out didn't have to be bored too long.

I also get a lot of practice playing against different styles when we play. 1 plays tight, 1 semi-tight-passive, 1 extremely loose-aggressive, 1 semi-tight-aggressive, and 1 tight-loose-aggressive. Anyways, they all have a different style, but I know the hands that each one plays and mostly how they bet with those hands. The 2 hardest to play are my 2 Bros. 1 is the 1 that I play online with all the time. He is very savvy, knows the odds and plays them well, and plays tight but also will play straight-up junk to throw others off or when he gets bored. The other has gambled his whole life and thinks that he can win with any 2 cards. You never know what he has so you really have to pick your spots. He will also call or raise with a draw for all his chips so he can bust you or double you up at any time. My other bro or I usually end up with his chips. With all the cards that we played, I bet that he didn't fold PF more than 10 to 15 times. It is tough to play someone that will call your PF raise with 36o and swear up and down that those are the best types of hands and that he'd rather have that compared to AA any day of the week. You guys just keep playing the math because I can feel my hands, he says over and over as he is sitting out watching us play. LOL.

No comments: