Saturday, June 24, 2006

Just'a Swingin' or rollercoaster Night

I played at FT and Px and then at Px and UB. I lost at both UB and FT. But I won as usual at PX. Boy they need some more players so there's more tables for me to play at. I played from 5 to 6 tables at a time. I don't know what my problem is, but I just get too board at 1 or 2 tables. I don't know if this means that I need to move up stakes or loosen my game up a little and play more hands.

Last night was a rollercoaster ride and I felt like puking. Here the recap. I played 6 hrs. Cards were pretty dead for me the first 2 1/2 hrs. I got blinded down quite a ways. Down as much as $70. I lost one big hand early on and it was totally my fault. Sometimes I am just so passive that I hurt the ones I love. (Sorry Dr. Phil moment.)

I have 88 and limp in PF as does a few more. (That's not real passive IMO, just a bit conservative. LOL) Flop comes 642 rainbow. Evilass bets pot, I call, and everyone else folds. (Here is where I should have reraised him. I'm not be results oriented because of how the hand turned out, I'm just being a realist here.) He bet pot on turn which was a Q and I called again. (Bad thing is I wasn't worried about the Q, I was pretty sure that didn't help him. So once again I should have bet here also with that read.) River comes a 7 he bets again and I call. (Now IMO, there is no reason to bet the river because, he'll likely only call if I'm beat.) Asshat shows down 58o. He hit his gutshot on the freakin' river. Big hasty semi-bluff after big nasty semi-bluff. (What I truly did wrong here was not reraise the flop. One way or the other I would have found out where I stood in the hand. Bluff would fold. Monster would reraise so I could then throw it away. And a call would still likely let me get a check at the least on the turn. Then I could reassess my situation on the river once he made his play.) I lost most of that $70 on this hand.

Then the cards started to open up a little. I took down multiple small pots and then the nice one came in. This is PF action at its best. (When you're holding the rocket launcher that is.) QQ raises to $2, AK reraises to $8, so I scream lets roll with my AA and run down the aisle to take away a carpet cutter or two. (Damnit, there's that overdone drama again. No more TV for me.) Anyways, they hold up and I'm back in business.

I keep banging out some loot at Px and make it up about $100, luckily, because FT was dead for me. Then I got set-up by FT. (Yes, RK I think FT did this deliberately. OK, maybe not but it felt that way at the time. I am kinda' over it now,) With one of those hands that are made to take your money. I hit a set of 8's on the flop, but sadly the bad guy flopped an 8 high straight. The betting gets ugly from there. I tell FT where it can go and I open up UB.

I continue to make money at Px but sadly on the 3rd hand a UB I run into this crap. I try to limp with 55 but then after my turn a guy makes it a buck. When it gets back around to me there are like 5 callers, so I call another .50. I flop a set of 5's. I check. The original raiser bets well over the pot. Another guy calls the overbet. Everyone else folds around to me. I've seen all that I need to see and go allin for the remainder of my $50. Both call allin. Original raiser shows AA. (His slow played min-raise is what cost me this hand, besides that bitch lady luck. Ohh, I hate her sometimes.) Last guy flopped a set of J's and they hold-up to make him the envy of the table. (Fag.)

So that last hand knocked me down a few tiers. And I ended up by close to $30.
I'm going to bed. It's back to the night shift when I awaken from the cave. Later.

Online Bankroll
+26.29
Total $2569.44

No comments: