Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rollin' Rollin' or Double-dippin'

I already wrote today's post but the blog site was down and lost it the first time, so here is the Cliff Note version. I played for around 3 hrs today before the kids' soccer practices. I played on Px and UB, on anywhere from 3 to 5 tables. It was a slow grind. No real big hands, but plenty of small one to make up for no big rush action. I did well and made $50.

1 thing that I'm not quite used to on Px is that they leave your cards for you to see throughout the whole hand even after you've folded. They shade it a dark gray so you realize it is folded, (though my dumbass has looked for the raise button a few times.) I don't know if I really like this feature, because I get to watch as I make my hand off and on during the session, (usually on turn and river.) It makes me feel like playing some of those semi-junk starting hands. But my tight-passive ass won't do that. (Which is a good thing.) I keep telling myself that I would loose money in the long run playing that junk, as my flush or boat fills up and everyone is betting big time. "You made the right call at the time," I encourage myself. It still sucks, I say. I'm a greedy little monkey like that.

I got back on tonight and picked up where I left off. I played for around 3 hrs again for the 2nd half of today's session. Right off the bat my K's went to the races with J's and the J hit the flop. I thought, oh here we go. But after that I didn't lose to many, and none where I was a big favorite. I made a killing today compared to my resent sessions. Looks like my lucks turning around. (No whammies, no whammies, stop.) Sorry about that I just had to head the gremlins off. (Little vindictive bastards that they are.)

I told myself that I was going to play all night tonight because I going back to work on nights tomorrow and need to get my sleep schedule turned around. But I'm beat and playing tired is mad medicine. Maybe I'll get up early and give it another shot . Later.

Online Bankroll
+142.90
Total $2350.23

3 comments:

Nikita said...

I haven't played at PX yet, but I like the idea of keeping your hole cards revealed. There are times at other sites, that I need to go back and check what I had. I think it's funny when my junk might have caught it big.

ashmc2 said...

Sometimes it hurts so much.LOL

Anonymous said...

Anything that makes lesser skilled player think, "hmmm, it looks I could make money playing that [junk] hand", is a plus in my book. That said, if you do some real analysis, rather than rely on selective memory, maybe this 'feature' will expose some profitable hands that you could/should include in your game.

On other WPEX 'features'; the software tells you the strength of your hand... if it drags in more newbies that's another positive.