Sunday, June 18, 2006

Aces Cracked Tourney Sighting or Aggressive Ash?

The only poker I played last night after work was the Aces Cracked League Tourney. I played well. I got the chip lead early in the tourney. Once I got it, I used it to buy some pots and overall control the tempo at the table for the remainder. All was going according to plan until I got heads up. I had a huge lead right from the start of the heads-up. I stepped it up and got aggressive, though not reckless. I got plj1 down to 1000 chips and had a massive lead. And that’s where I fell apart. I called an allin with junk, because I figured they were both live, hoping for a quick end to the game. plj1 accumulated a few more chips in the next few hands. Then in like 3 hands in a quick succession I either went allin or called allin with mid or bottom pair and lost every one. The calls were just plain bad because it was fairly obvious that I was behind at that point in the hand. The pushes I would do heads-up anytime I’m heads-up. You have to be aggressive heads-up or the other player will see your passivity and run all over you. You’re cards mean less than your play once the tourney gets down to a pair. When you have the lead you have to use it is my philosophy. Anyways back to the action. I am now totally crippled and within a few more hands my opponent finished me off. This hurt particularly bad because earlier in the tourney I got plj1 allin when I had the best of it twice and he or she came from behind and won the races in both hands. I think both were on the river also. I had fun plus I played well, so I’m happy. Good game everyone. Too bad I’m on nights next Sat.

Man I wish I could incorporate some of my tourney style from this game into my ring play. I think the increasing blinds have a lot to do with my gear changes in tourney play most of the time.

Man I have to miss another TPFLII game tonight. No way I came stay awake for the 9:30 start-time. I nodded-off a few times in last nights tourney. I'd look up and see it was PF and everyone is waiting on my slow-ass just to decide if I even wanted to stay in the hand. I've missed quite a few of these games lately. I was in the money for a while and if I wouldn't of missed so many I feel that I'd still be there. I hope my lax memory and work schedule will allow for me to get in at least 5 more games. I've only played 5 out of 13 games - boy I suck. I go from 1st place to not even making it into the Tourney of Champions. That truely is sad.

Later all.

Online Bankroll
+10.00
Total $2277.22

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, you finally made it. :-)

Nice debut performance.

I'm thinking that we might have to run a second season. If we do, then you are more than welcome to join the points race.

ashmc2 said...

Cool, sounds good. Thanks for the adda'boy.