Sunday, May 07, 2006

Today's session and a few questions for the readers

I was only able to play for 2 ½ hrs today before I had to leave for work. I actually played halfway decent today, though I ended down a measly $1.70 for my efforts. I was up about $50 bucks that I had slowly ground out over 2 hrs when a set of 2’s cracked my A’s. I think I played this horribly. It’s not often that you can see the possible set coming. But this hand gave me a hint that I ignored.

10 seated ring game - $50 NL
I raise from early position with AsAd to 2.50 and got 1 caller in LP. (Pot 5.75)
Flop comes 2c3c5s. This flop seems pretty likely to have missed us both, unless he had a flush draw, straight likely with Ax, or a very uncanny straight, so I bet out $3 hoping to keep him around. He raised it to 6.00. Here I’m thinking that to call the 5x BB raise PF and now to think he has the best hand against my current bet and the board, he likely is holding a high PP. My best guess here is Q’s or K’s. So I reraise here to 9.00. (Pot 23.75)

Turn comes 9d. I think he has Q’s or K’s and likely won’t get off of them here. I go allin for my remaining 37.50. He has me covered and instacalls. He turns over pocket 2’s and with no help coming, takes down this pot and all the winnings I’d earned grinding for 2 hrs. I slam the mouse down, pump my fists towards the sky, while throwing my head back, and scream to the gods like William Wallace. Except it wasn’t Freeeeeeedom that I was bellowing. I’ll save your virgin ears this time.

Now that it is over I’m thinking that he gave me a hint here as to the fact that he was holding a set.

Does anyone agree?

Would anyone slow down here after the raise he made against me postflop?

Or am I just being results oriented?

If I slow down ever time I have a premium hand to the reraise, am I likely to loss profits in the long run?

OK, I’ll stop with the questions.

Because I’ve seen people call big raises PF with worse than a small pr hoping to spike big on the flop, because they already know you likely have a premium hand that you’ll find hard to lay down.

Online Bankroll
-1.70
Total $2107.85

No comments: