Saturday, May 27, 2006

Things Need to Change or Stress Play

I played this morning after work. I played the $100NL tables at PP again. I had a bad night at work last night - very stressful. I should have known not to play this morning, being all geeked up still from work. But NOOO. I just had to play. I won a nice hand right off the bat for $20. Then 10 min later I'm looking down at AK. Flop misses me totally. Nothing over a 9. I bet the guy calls. Turn a 2. I bet the guy calls. River is a J. The guy bets $25. And it was like my hand had a mind of its own or my mind was moving slower than my aggressive thoughts. I raise the guy $25 and he reraises. I have to dump it wasting around $75 bucks on a stupid play. That's not my game and I don't know why I was doing stupid shit like that. It's just not me. Plus why am I playing $100 when I was losing at $50NL. I have to get back on track here.
Wish me luck, I need it.

Online Bankroll
-83.44
Total $2179.21

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself losing at the lower limits more than the higher ones. One is because people will call you to the river for a quarter or even a buck. But some times the hands your opponents have just hit. the 25 dollar bet on the river is a good indicator that he hit. The fact he called on the turn is that had what I assume pocket jacks or J-T to A. Which the latter is a dumb move on his part. Try you hand at a tight 200nl game and play a lil loose but not to loose. You may find that it is easier to stop a caller dead in his tracks with a good bet. Or you might get a flat call of a raise. That is a feeler bet and if you think you are beat then it is time to fold. You can always make up that bet in a better hand.

ashmc2 said...

I totally agree here alex.
That's why I knew I had to quit playing - because I would never bluff that hand. That's not my game. I'm not saying I don't bluff, just saying I never would have done this. Shit I'm still scared money at those stakes. TY.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the games I play but a game with more people seeing the flop and you have problems like a guy playing T7 to a 10xbb raise. In some games I would call a bet like that in a 25nl or a 100nl that is 2.50 or 10 bucks. A player playing these limits maybe a higher limit player and call such a bet.
Not the type of thinking you want in a higher limit game however this is the type of thinging you will get at the micros along with all the noobs.