Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back in Black or Rakeback Bonanza

OK, I'm going to take some advice and give a small personal update so this blog will be a little more well-rounded. I haven't played much in the last few days due to work, no time, and a little too much stress. (Work related.)I am a Shift Supervisor at Louisiana Pacific. WE are a wood siding mill which runs 24/7. I work a 4 days on 4 days off, 12hr, swing shift. Basically I work 4 days from 7am-7-pm then get 4 days off then I work 4 nights 7pm-7am. Also me being a sup, I have lots of meetings with management and other personnel, about why the mill was or wasn't running well, so we're talking 13 to 13 1/2 hrs a day for me. This doesn't leave me much time for a life or sleep, much less poker on those days. But I usually like to get a little poker in anyways except when I've had a real stressful night at work. Because we know how well poker and stress go together. And this week sucked ass. The mill ran like shit mechanically and electrically, plus I had an HR situation to deal with, which is still up in the air. So, stress is putting it lightly. You guys saw how I play stressed-out. That nice $75 bluff that didn't work. That's not my game. I don't mind running bad if I'm playing decent poker, but I hate donking off chips. Anyways that's why I haven't had much to report on the poker front.

Poker Time

I took a bad beat at party this morning and got off and made the kids something to eat. When I got back on I decided to give WPEX a go. Am I glad I did. I'm actually up this morn. I played on 2 $100 tables for a few mins and got scared that I was trying to win it all back in a day, so I backed down to the $25 tabs. I played however many were open at one time. Anywhere from 1 to 3. I played for 3 to 4 hrs. I accrued $17.00 in rake that I will get back tomorrow. I sure hope when they get a bigger player base they don't drop this program. They definitely need more players so more tables will open up. I think they get away with the no rake thing by taking rake as normal then giving it back on Mondays. So, that's a week of interest that they get. I guess I really don't care how they do it, I'm just happy that they do.

Whine Time

Oh, yea, that bad beat, or bad play IMO of the bad guy. I have pocket rockets. There are so many limpers before it gets to me that I raised it 10xBB. I get one caller. The board - T62. He min bets, so I make it pot. He calls. Turn - 4. He checks, I bet pot, and he calls again. River T. He checks and I put him allin, he calls and turns over T7. A freakin' T7. He takes almost $25 off me with that junk. I can't see him calling a bet of 10xBB PF here, but hey some people are missing a few chromosome. Then to call a pot sized raise with TP shit kicker is quite ludicrous. I would be thinking over-pair with the big PF raise, but hey, that's just my passive ass apparently. Whatever. It made me go to WPEX and see how much money sites jip me out of.

Online Bankroll
+45.26
Total $2224.47

No comments: