Monday, May 08, 2006

FREAKIN' SWEET - OK, maybe not

I played for 2 ½ hrs again this morning after I got home off of night shift. I had 3 tables going on UB because FT only had 1 full table open. I also had a table at Sun Poker going (Sun also only had 1 $50NL table open,) slowly pecking away at their monthly bonus. All in all, it was a pretty uneventful morning. I won some nice hands that I felt I played well and I straight-up donked off all those profits on some downright stupid plays. I should’ve saved a HH or 2 for you guys, but I don’t think anyone could stand the stench rolling off those plays at the pot.

To be totally honest with you all, I hate the passivity of my game. I am trying to work on it by incorporating more bluffs and semi-bluffs into my game. Right now my timing is slightly off, thus the extra donk plays. Hopefully it will get better with time. I went through a similar, painful transition period when I added CB’s and probe bets to my game. They don’t always work out for me either but at least I half-ass know what I’m doing and when to try them.

I also had a few hands where my opponents hit their cards on the river after I bumped the pot up the whole hand. (That’s always nice for the blood pressure!)

Anyways I made $1.77 this morning. Coupled with yesterday’s loss of $1.70, I had a net profit of 7 cents for 5 total hrs of play in the last 2 days. Freakin’ Sweet. I have a bad habit of playing dead-even poker. That’s why bonus whoring is the way to go for me usually. Ain’t nothing like free money to help you out of the doldrums, I always say. (Well, now that I think of it, this is actually the first time that I’ve said it, but hey… sounds good anyways.)

Online Bankroll
+1.77 Freakin' Sweet
Total $2109.62

No comments: