Tuesday, July 25, 2006

T-ball or New Earnings Record

Monday night I played like a pro. (OK, semi-pro. LOL.) I still played my tight game, mostly. I did throw in a few plays when I was card dead for a while. I would be folding so many hands during those cold streaks, that I could usually pull off a few plays. The big thing was that I seemed to have an inherent sense of when I was beat. I didn't chase much and I didn't get deeply involved without a strong hand. I'm sure that I dropped a few to nicely timed bluffs. (But as they say to the aggressor goes the spoils. They do say that right?) I was just setting them up and knocking them down like T-ball. This was my best night ever. I made close to $500.

I'm on the Big with AcKc. MP player named Donk limps. SB calls. I raise it to $4. Donk reraises to $13. I normally (OK, always) fold here but my brain wasn't listening. I was up a lot and in a groove, so what the heck, is what the ol' noodle was pondering. OK, I call. 5s5c9c flops. I check. He bets $13. I think about it and call. Turn 2 of hearts. Time for the check-raise. (What? You heard me!) I check. He bets $25. I raise it to $60 and bite down on my fist and pray. (It kinda' sounded like this. Foldfoldfoldfold fold please flop pleaseplease fold fag come on fold... OK, you get the drift.) He reraises me allin. (Damnshitdamn...OK, calm down, you have outs and it's only $9.50 to call $179.50.) I call and it's pray time again. Clubclubclub come on club club. Sorry, but this is what I do.) And the river comes... wait for it, wait for it... DRAAAMA... 6 OF CLUBS.

OK, here's another one. Not as dramatic, but here it is.

I limp from UTG+1 with 44. UTG+2, button, and the BB also limp. Flop 832 rainbow. Checks walk the bases. 9 on turn. BB checks and I bet $2. 2 call and BB folds. River comes 7. I check as does UTG+2. Button bets $6. I raise it to $24. (Oh yea, that scary-ass check-raise baby.) He folds and I take it down with 4's

I'm starting to put a few of these aggressive plays in the works. It is great when it works. My tight image surely helps on these plays. If I've been at the table a while, the observant players usually will fold anything other than a monster, often folding and showing me TP weak kicker. I don't throw out these plays often, but I'm glad that my game is expanding.

Sorry about the braggart display of plays gone right. Believe me I try them at the wrong time also. Here's 2 other big plays that I noted when they happened.

I have KK and raise it up. I'm called buy 1 guy. Flop K4x rainbow. He checks and I slow play with a check. Brick on the turn and we play the same sad game. River brick. He bets out pot. (Bingo) I raise, he reraises big time. I have the nuts. I realize that he wants me allin so I go. He calls and turns over a slowplayed set of 4's. $100 richer.

EP player limps. I raise to $4 in MP with QQ. LP player goes allin for $10. He is a pushmonkey that usually sits with $20 and rebuys for $20 more about 6 times a night. EP limper calls the $10. WTF. Was he slowplaying AA or KK from EP? NO way. I guess that he isn't real strong, but figures that I'm going to fold here, and he wants to race the pushmonkey. He only has $11 left himself so I reraise to put him to a allin decision. He calls. I turn over QQ. Pushmonkey 99. (No big surprise) EP donkey A9. These retards have 4 total outs. (Unless, I'm guessing, the astronomical chance of 4 cards of their suit hitting the board. Also which aren't of my suit.)But as you can probably already guess the one outer comes and the pushmonkey wins with a set of 9's.
1-FUCKING-OUTER.

I am very happy with my play here. (And winning a lot of my races also helped.)

Online Bankroll
+$477.35
Total $2375.20

No comments: