Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Rundown or So close to the TOC

TPFLII was last night. Here's the run-down.

15 players started.

Level 1 10/20

Very first hand I'm on the BB looking down at AT. Flop brings 7T8. He (I don't remember who. Good notes aye.) bets, I raise, he reraises, and I push. (Holy, what got into my passive ass.) He folds and I grab 300 right out the gate.

I have QJ in the SB. Everyone folds around to me. I raise and eejit calls. Flop J73. I check because eejit is agro, especially if he thinks you're weak. He bets (big surprise) I call. X small comes on the turn. I check he checks (Damn). River I check again and he bets. (I figured he'd bet out at my weakness but I'm actually a little scared) I call. He shows down 22. 800 hand.
2220 in chips.

Level 2 15/30

I limp with A4s. Flop comes 4x4. I check. Akverno bets and it folds around to me and I call. Turn 7. I check, he bets, and I raise him. He calls. River x. I check, he bets, and I call. He shows down 77.
1600 in chips.

I don't know how I feel about this hand. I really don't think I played it too badly. He just hit. I guess I could have check-raised the flop instead of the turn. But I was trying to get one more bet out of him before I check-raised the turn. I think he just got luck.

Level 3 25/50

AK and I raise 4xBB. Akverno and TP both call. Flop J, small, small. Check, check. I bet 400 and they both drop. I show.
1696 in chips.

I try to limp with QJs. Out comes a raise PF and I call. Flow comes babies. He bets out 300 and I muck. Waste of chips to call that raise PF to 3xBB. Bad on my part. 1400 in chips.

Level 4 50/100

I limp with 66 against Akverno again. Flop comes K24. I goes allin. I ask for time. I hope that he wouldn't have limped with a over pr to my 6's. He had been aggressive with me post flop. He always put me to a decision pretty quick, in our previous hands. I if he has the K like he is portraying I'm toast. If not he only has 2 more cards to take me out. I call. I can't remember what it was but it was a bluff and had a 9 in it. J comes next and the another 2. My badass 6's hold the line.
2855 in chips.

Robb comes to my table with 1000.

I limp with TT in EP. He raises and I call. Flop Q26. I bet, he raises me, and I call. Q turn. Check, check. River x. Check, check again, and I take it down. (Very passive here. No wonder he usually puts me to a decision. I likely fold the best often.)
3200 in chips.

A few hands later TP takes out Akverno and we go to the final table. A few hands after that we go to the first break. I'm 3rd in chips at break and TP has me doubled in 1st.

Level 5 75/150

I tried one hand with pocket 6's in a raised pot. I get bet out on the flop. Stupid waste of chips here. (But man if I would have hit.)
2400 in chips.

I limp with 88 from EP. Folds around to SB who completes. Pshabi on BB goes allin. I have him covered but only by 200 or so. I request time. Us you know I have a tight image, maybe tight-weak. I lose this it is push mode and I'm likely done for. If I win I am in the upper echelon of chips again. OK, off to the races. He turns over 77 and is a dig dog against my snowmen.
He doesn't suckout on me and I knock him out of the tourney.
4000 in chips.

Level 6 100/200

I have AT I limp with the small and the big. Flop comes AQ6. Check, check, and I bet pot. They fold and I pull in 600.

Blinds are hurting now. I haven't had AA, KK, QQ, or JJ, yet this game. I have had AK twice. OH, big solace. Come on Lady Variance you're freakin' killin' me.

Mayhem raises to 600 in EP. It is folded around in the BB. I push with 88. he folds.
4300 in chips.

I'm card dead for a while but luckily Studiopet to my right is short-stacked and keeps folding his SB to me. I also stole Robb's BB once, who was on my left.
4570 in chips.

Level 7 100/200/25

TP UTG limps. Folded to me on the button. I have snowmen again. I raise to 1000. Blinds leave. TP hesitates for a few, then calls. Flop comes XXX, but no A or K. TP bets small. He would always bet there, no matter what he had. I push. He folds.

Robb goes allin with a short-stack to my left. It is folded around to me. I call with 77. He turns over KT. I hold up and knock Robb out on the points bubble. (Sorry, bro.)
7665 in chips

Points total start with us five and this is the chip distribution. I was writing these numbers down while we were in hands so they are a little off, but it gives you an idea of everyones' stacks.

Hero - 7690
Mayhem - 5430
TP - 3555
De-coder - 2820
Studiopet - 2030

I play real tight and don't adjust to the short table. I want to see some head-butting while I sit back and wager on the outcome from the Lazyboy. Blinds and ante are harsh.

Level 8 200/400/25

Soon as the blinds go up, TP hits a straight with both short-stacks allin.

I play quite passive here and try to let TP and Mayhem duke it out. I try a few hands but usually drop to the flop bets. Mayhem is living up to his name and raising about even hand PF. My stack is down to 2000.

The last hand before the 2nd break, I look down at 78s. Mayhem oddly enough folds and obviously TP then raises my blind. I haven't played many hands so I figure I can possibly take this down. I push. He thinks about then calls with 92o. He types ahha. 7 comes on the flop and I suckout.

2nd break chip distribution

Mayhem - 12487
TP - 5758
Hero - 4255

Level 9 300/600/50

Real soon into level 9 I have A9s. I push. Mayhem calls me with K7o. K hits the turn and I exit in 3rd.

The chip lead goes back and forth a few different times and then Mayhem takes it down.

No comments: