Saturday, July 01, 2006

Good Day Kinda or Bad Ending

I played for 14 hrs straight. I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I was in a zone, making plays that were working, while mostly playing tight, I was up I bet $300, but in the last few hrs I dropped close to $200 of that. Man I wish I would have gotten off when the getting was good. But no, that's the story of my life. I guess since I'm up over $100 I shouldn't whine too much, though that was 14 hrs of my freakin' life. I'm going to go through a few of the key hands and my thoughts.

I have 22 on the BB. Guy bets $2 and I call the other $1. Flop comes A22. The betting gets ugly from here and I win $90 off him. That's what he gets for min raising with AA.

I have AA and middle cards come on the flop. Bad guy and I go allin and he hits his open-ended straight draw on the river.

My favorite hand comes up. 69 suited in hearts. (I won a pivotal hand in a live tourney with 69 of hearts and from there went on to win the tourney. I'll have to write this up sometime and post it.) If I can limp when this hand shows up I always play it. I limp and flop comes AK9. I raise and am called. Turn is another 9. I raise again and am called. River, you guessed it, 6. I raise again, am called, and take the pot down. I'm not a superstitious kinda guy, but damn!

I have A8 of spades in MP. I limp, as does a guy in LP, and the BB calls. Flop comes KT3 all spades. BB bets $2 and I obviously call. LP raises to $7. BB folds and I call. Turn is 2d. I check. (He, he, big surprise aye.) He bets $15 and I call again. River is 7c. I value bet now and put him all in for his last $28. He thinks for a long min then calls. He shows down Th3c. I can see his aggression but that river call was bad IMO. With the way I played the hand, what did he think I had that he could beAt, other than maybe a bluff with a busted flush draw. I honestly wouldn't even have bet again on the turn. (Yes it's official, I'm an invertebrate.)

AA vs 33. He hit his set on the flop and then we both go allin. He takes down a big pot.

I played this real bad and cost myself money by being passive. KK vs 66. An Ace comes on the flop and I get scared and don't bet. He also checks. A 6 comes on the turn. He bets, I call. River comes a blank, he bets, and I call. If I was willing to call bets, I should have put it in there and aggressively made a bet on the flop.

I was up the whole time though in this session so it felt good. Too bad I lost so much in the end. I guess you can't have it all.

Online Bankroll
+116.56
Total $2736.53

No comments: