Monday, March 05, 2007

Vendetta-tilt or Good Night

Good night last night. I made a few miss-steps early on. It is almost like I need to work the donk plays out of myself through pain and embarrassment. Then I usually tighten-up a bit and stop loosely chasing draws. Anyway, I made $80 for the night 3-tabling 6-max $25NL.

One issue that I need to work on is allowing certain players to put me on tilt against them. I'll have a loose player or total donk hit some crap on me and I will spend extra time trying to get my money back. I will loosen up against that player and play all paint and any type of coordinated boards to try to get redemption. I am especially vulnerable to this vendetta-tilt if they antagonize me in the girly chat. I don't ever type anything after a beat but often another player will berate their play and then they will start bragging. My ego swells and I go into payback mode. Often I lose more money to these assholes because they either hit some crap on me or more likely I get into a fight with them with a junk kicker or marginal holding that I normally wouldn't even play. Often this perpetuates me into total tilting donkdom.

Case in point. I get in a hand with a guy that just steps onto the table 2 cycles prior with $5. In those first 2 circuits at the table he is in 3/4 of the pots, often winning with questionable kickers and gets up to $12. This dude's handle was Gotchanigga. Likely some young punk that thinks he's funny with his racist screen name. You'd think UB would oust those kinda names. I flop 2pr on a pretty innocuous board. He bets, I double his bet. He pushes the rest of his $12. I gladly call. He hits a gut-buster straight-draw. He then writes in all caps: GOTCHA NIGGA. This was very racist towards me, because I am packing a mammoth package (not only in total length but also in overall girth) with a gargantuan afro of a man-bush, so obviously there is some black somewhere in my lineage. This was a totally pathetic statement and put me on insta-tilt. I then blew the rest of that buy-in until he leaves 30 mins or so later. God was I mad. After he left I calmed down and began to play my normal game again. This definitely is a leak and is something that need to work on. My Psychology book should have a chapter on poker. That would be cool.

No other big hands to report. OK, well, one more. I limp with A2s and get raised to 6xBB or so. I get adventurous and call. Flop comes 543 rainbow. Booya. I cha-check. He bets pot. I figure him for high PP. Obviously , odds of 76 or 62 are super low. I raise him hard. He pushes; I call $35 total. 6 turn. 7 river. He shows AA and we spit the pot. Even though I didn't lose here, I felt cheated. I'll stop whining now.

Later.

1 comment:

Mr Subliminal said...

Not another blogger with a huge junk!

There is nothing more satisfying than sucking out on someone when on, what you aptly term, vendetta-tilt. But this form of tilt, like all others, is detrimental to the bankroll.

When I see someone showing the first signs of trash talking, I immediately mute his chat. If I'm on a table that starts "heating up", I disable all player and observer chat.