Monday, March 05, 2007

Donkass Donks Off Some Earnings

I played like a total nimrod. I was down $75 within 30 min of playing. I just couldn't get away from a few hands where I knew I was beat. Afterward, I played well even though I didn't win any back. One of those times when you win one then you lose one. The ol' yig-yag session. I think I will try not to mix it up until I get a little time under my belt and get into the flow of the game. Easier said than done, but I will try. I ended up dropping $80 or so.

I didn't start until late last night because we had an impromptu home game. Dougie called and we started up a small game at 6pm. That really worked out nice. I was home by 11pm.

It was just 4 of us. D, C, AJ, and me. AJ has become a regular and the only player that I have to watch out for. He tried all night long to slow-roll me, but luckily I dodged his tricks except for a few small pots. It is hard for me to win anything off of him. He respects my game too much for some reason and misses value bets, which is advantageous, but he also folds to my aggression often. He also often folds PF even if I limp into a hand. He once folded a flopped flush where he held T4s. I flopped 2 pr and when he bet the flop I raised hard to see if I was beat or not. He thinks long and hard, then he throws in his flush face-up. I show and he just shakes his head.

I played great. I ran the short table the whole session; 2 nice runs of cards helps too. I hit sets 4 times, twice with aces. D bought in twice and C bought thrice. I kept taking their money and talking them into reloading. I felt like a pusher-man. Get your fix here... I have got's da good shit baby... You can't win 'less you play baby... It takes money to make money... Bitch where's my money... etc., etc, and on I pimp my hoes.

Big hand of the night was the last hand of the night. I rasie PF with A9s. C calls. Flop comes A9x-small. C looks at his cards hard and long. So I know he has something. He is a huge calling station. He always goes for the Um-possibles. he then just checks, I bet, he calls. A on turn and daddy likely. I check after he does. X-small and he opens this round. I more than double. He announces a raise and never even looks up. I realize that he has the other Ace and was smooth-calling the whole hand and going for the kill. He thinks if he doesn't look at me I will think weakness. I'll have to remember that. I asked what he had left and told him that I'd put him all-in. He pouts and says that he had to call. He shows ATo and I rake in all his cash. We call it a night. I won $65. AJ won almost $25. This is the third time in a row that C has lost and the third time I've won. I am glad, honestly that he has been knocked down a notch. He was ridin' too cocky. The bragging has ceased. Reality his descended upon him and hopefully humbled him somewhat.

Edit: I just remembered that I didn't proof read this early this morning before I went to bed. Boy was it rough. So sorry to anyone that read it before I fixed it.

No comments: