Monday, March 26, 2007

Donkass Strikes Back

The last 2 mornings after work, I played at World at the $25NL 6-max tables. I played 3 hrs each day. I took a few beats and only ended up about $15 the first morn. I played a decent game both days overall. I am getting pretty good at position moves on the 6-max tables.

This morning I ended down like $10. I played a decent game both days overall. I got slapped by an all-in with my set of K’s vs the nut flush draw. I bet, he raised, and I pushed. At the point of the push he did have the odds to call, but it still hurt to get stacked when you go in with the nuts. I also miss-played a hand I call a $1.50 PF raise with AKo and end up isolated against him on the flop. K-high, small, small rainbow flop. He bets ½ pot. I more than double his raise, slightly less than what pot would’ve been with his bet added in with the current pot. He pushes and had me covered. I have Like $20 left in front of me at that point. I can’t make this call right? Oh yes I can. That is the kinda shit we are talking about. This was an atrocious call. It screamed set, but I just couldn’t let it go. So I’m looking at $20 in that 1 hand that absolutely shouldn’t have touched that pot. So a few big hands; one a rivered flush and then a bad play on my part. I am down for the session and I can only think about the what if’s. One variance and one straight-up donkified goodness. I can only improve on the donkey shit.

I can’t stand my game this year. I didn’t really make any money; I played pretty much even poker. This shit is getting old. I’m up maybe $150 for the year as of yet. It is really frustrating the shit out of me. I know winning $5000 last year at the small stakes that I played at wasn’t just luck. I do have skills. I am just in a horrible slump or I changed something very dramatic in my game. I don’t see it though. Same old me, far as I can guess. Something is wrong though because this is over tons of hands so variance should really be out of the equation at this point this year, unless you can really hit a 3 month slump. If not for rake in the last few weeks, if I would have stayed at my current stakes, I’d likely sit at $10 or $15 dollars right now. I am currently up $10 or $15 on World. The big thing that I have noticed this year so far in regards to my slump. I have beaten the rake as of yet and actually make decent money at $25NL. But every time I climb to the $50 so far I have lost big in the very first session that I decide to give it a try. Once I was drunk and the other set-backs were do to bad beats and bad plays. So I think I will try to stay away from the 50’s for now.

Later, Donkass out.

No comments: