Thursday, March 08, 2007

Even Steven or Son-of-a

I got on Tuesday and played awhile. My bro got on and since we were going to play together I dropped 2 tables so we could concentrate on 1 table. I suggested that we bump it up to a $50 6-max game. I’d been playing 3 $25 tables so 1 $25 just seemed like it wouldn’t give me my fix. I need that rush, baby. Stupid move on my part. I set up a new database in PT and got on. There was a guy that was 75/15/3 or something very close. Even without HUD going it was obvious that this was the guy to target. Pretty early on I get AQs and call his PF raise. I get my A on the flop. I smooth-call his bet. Or I thought I did. Turn x and I raise his bet this time. He calls. Q hits the river giving me Aces-up. He bets; I push. He calls and shows down a flopped set of 3’s. I go on to lose another $25 with TPTK against someone different. He has to go to work, which was a good thing, because I could be a punk and drop back down to my new home: the perpetual $25NL tables.

I set my database back and startup my 3 tables again. I played for a little while and recouped the $75 with some big hands. I took off a few hrs and hung-out with the Fam. I ended up going to bed at 10pm or so. I didn’t take my sleeping pills purposely because I needed to stay up all night, due to having to work Wednsday night shift. I woke up at 2am and went and got on. I was tired and should have played super-tight while I was getting the lethargy from my system. I got in a few big hands and dropped a few buyins. That woke my ass up real quick like. I had been playing for 20 or 30 mins and then just realized that I had forgotten to hit the start timer in PT. It didn’t even dawn on me that the stats never popped up on most players after 25 hands. Only the stats for people that I had already logged were showing up. So the ass-whippin’ got the sleep out of my eyes and I set in for the long grind. I got back to even at about 6am and then took a few bad beats this time to drop me down again for the session. I was sick of it so I went to bed.

I checked PT for the 5 day session I’ve been on. I played 5000 hands or so. I lost $50. So that’s -$1/100 or –4ptbb/100. I paid out $70 in rake. I also accrued $50 in the points program, so ultimately I am even for the week. That really sucks my friends. I apparently have more leaks than I thought. One variable might also be that I am new to the 6-max game. At least I didn’t lose any money this week. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

No comments: