Friday, March 23, 2007

Not Good...AKA... Bitch (Lady Variance) is That All You Got

Poker didn’t go good this week. I played mostly at World. I took 3 huge beats. 2 5-outers and 1 2 outer. I also lose to the flush-draw that called my KK allin on the turn. Ok done whining I think. I played enough to make $50 in rake, that I’ll recoup on Monday. With the rake I will be slightly above the hundred I started with a few weeks ago. So really not too bad with variance slapping me around. So if I keep up this pace, once variance turns, I’ll be making rake money. I can deal with that.

Last night I played at Px until all the tables fizzled away. I was pretty drunk by that time on some Chabis. I was playing a few tables at a time while reading blogs. When Px died I took my ass to UB. I got on 2 $50 tables. In the first 30 min I was down $125 due to some bad play on my part. I guess that’s what I get for playing drunk. I just can’t seem to go forward this year. It’s the old cliché: 1 step for 2 steps back. I need to break the cycle.

I really must have some leaks going. The only real difference I see is that I’m now playing 6-max. I don’t know if I won’t to go back to full ring though. I have to figure this thing out. I know I make some bad plays. Like putting it all on the line with the flush draw. I really need to stop the chasing; it is killing me.

I do think if I spend most of my time on Px I will make some cash in the long run. I need to make enough though to move back up stakes, so I can get back on the $50 and $100 tables. It is actually pretty soft there. There are a lot of Swedish players there that are super loose and will go all the way with shit. All-ins PF with AJo, QJs. They often don’t worry about kickers. The one thing that you really have to watch out for is them calling your PF raises with junk and hitting hard. They try the crap often. It is so well hidden that it is hard to get off your PF monster, especially knowing that they fight with crap. There are also a lot of push-monkeys that buy in cheap and play hard and loose.

It will come to me, I have to keep trying. I am still up for the year, yet barely. Good luck at the tables.

No comments: