Thursday, March 15, 2007

Home Game

We had a home game again these days off. This was 1 of the 3 times that I left the house. Only 5 of us showed. It was a good time. We played from 6pm to 1:30am. Crazy play tonight. I lost 2 hands that would have made me a big winner if life was aligned with the planets. I played well. No big prs for me all night long. AK a few times.

2 big hands of the night. Sad play in both of these hands.

Hand 1 – I have A7s. AJ has Q7o. PS has 65o. All limp. 779. PS checks, AJ bets, I raise, and PS calls. Turn a 2. PS checks. AJ checks. I make a bet. PS raises me. AJ calls, as do I. River is the miracle 8. PS goes all-in for $16 more. AJ thinks awhile and also calls. I look at the board. There is a straight-draw on the board. There is also a flush-draw. The board is paired, so the boat could be lurking out in the water. With 2 already willing to put their money in, I decide to fold. I lose like $15 on the hand. But I saved the other $16 by not calling. AJ was devastated with PS’s play on the hand. He whined for a good 1/2 hr. I thought both of them played it poorly. PS playing crap. AJ calling the river with that board and me having showed aggression on the last street and still yet to act behind his call.

Hand 2 – AJ and CS. AJ raises PF with AA. CS calls with J8o. Flop comes something like T92 all hearts. AJ raises to $7 in a $4 pot because he doesn’t have a heart and wants to take it down right there. CS thinks about it and calls. His J was a heart, plus his straight-draw. Turn comes an unsuited Q. AJ bets $15. CS raises all-in for $5 or so more with his draw. AJ calls. River is a blank and CS goes home mad at his luck. I sat with him at work and explained to him how badly he played the hand and why. He still doesn’t quite understand. He has that Dealer’s Choice with wild cards mentality and likes to leave it up to luck too often. I try to help him, but he usually says that he knows what he did wrong, even though he only realizes about half of why he misplayed a hand. It is truly hard for a know-it-all to learn. I think that he is so competitive that learning is even competitive for him. It is up to him.

CS lost again - $25.

DS lost close to $40.

PS won $2.

I won $7.

AJ won close to $50.

No comments: