Saturday, March 03, 2007

The 3-way or Going for the Draws Hits Home

Last night was a long grueling grind. I dropped 2 buy-ins in the first couple of hrs. Both buy-ins were due to me semi-bluffing with a nut flush draw. Well, one of those I wasn't the aggressor, I actually called a double all-in with my monster draw. Probably not a good move, but just like all guys, I couldn't withstand the allure of my first 3-way. This 3-way didn't turnout well for the whole group though. (I've heard it can be like that.) Only 1 person climaxed, there was an awkward silence, and 2 of us were left unfulfilled, broke, and riveted by thoughts of what might have been. OK, enough with the innuendo for now. I think that I got a little caught-up in the aggressiveness and fast-paced nature of 6-max early on. I then tightened up my belt another notch and sat back and waited for good hands so I could pounce, like a dormant seed patiently waiting for the first rays of spring. I sat for hrs and slowly some nice hands came my way. And when they did, I sprang forth and germinated all over their faces. Oops, their goes that innuendo again. In the wee morning hrs I got back to even and actually was up slightly. Then, BANG, 2 horrible bad beats within 20 mins on the same table and there I am down 2 freakin' buy-ins again. The first was a runner-runner double-gutbuster straight.( I think I actually pooped just a little in my drawers when he showed down that shit. 2nd one was a 4-outer gut-shot draw semi-bluff that I correctly called with one card left, with my set; the river brings his miracle. But hey, I did hit a 2-outer earlier in the night of my own, when my QQ ran into AA PF vs an AGRO bastard that was raise 1/4 of the time PF. It was 6am in the morning and I was totally tilting. I took my sleeping pills and hit the dream world to see if I could tune my REM stage onto a fantasy 3-way channel. I keep that spare single sock by the bed just in case.

No comments: