Thursday, February 15, 2007

SnG Challenge: First 3

I got home from work and got on with my Bro. I told him about my challenge and he said he'd be happy to play a few SnG's. He plays a lot of tourneys. We started up the first one. I played foldem for the most part, not seeing much early on.

My Bro got caught on a bluff against a flopped set and dropped to 300. Then he commenced to double up multiple time and accumulated over 6000 in chips and the big stack at the table. He reigned over for awhile and then, wrongly IMO, doubled up 2 guys in a row with marginal calls of their allins. I think maybe he was trying to help me, the short stack, out by knocking out 2 of the other low stacks. All he managed to do was make more of a disparity between me and the other stacks. I think maybe he tilted slightly after that and went out quickly after. He raised with a marginal Ace, was raised, and then he pushed. He was called and dominated.

I managed to get my chips in with the best a few times,thus putting me above push/fold mode. I stole some blinds and won a few small pots and got to the bubble. We played 4-handed for a long time. Everyone was playing push/fold at this point. I was less aggressive than the rest hoping to get to 3rd and then step it up. But I pushed with A6s when in the SB and the BB called me with a dominating AT and I left with 3 outs and a back-back-door FD. I lose on the bouble after a long game and some hard work.

Game 2 went better. I played foldem again but hit a few flops and sat nice for the early game. My Bro played his usual game and was also up for half the game. He was one of the Bigs for a while but didn't sit on it and lost a few fights that I wouldn't have got in the ring for. He ended up going out the same way: bet, raised, push, called. But this time his TT was on the better side of the coin flip, although he didn't hold up. I got some nice cards and slowplayed a few monsters and took out a few guys. the end game wasn't too long this timer. I went from Big to Short a few times. But ultimately I took both guys out for my first win.



Today I have played one game so far. I was typing this up while playing the early and mid stages. I looked one minute with 6 total left and me in 5th and then when the table poped back up for the next hand, there were 4 left and me the ST with less than half of the next lowest stack. I got a few hands and took down the blinds with my pushes. I also pushed overtop of a few hard bets. I bubbled again in a blind fight when my 99 fell to Bigslick.



I'm happy so far, but the 2 4th spots away hurt more than going out in any other spot.

10 Game Challenge

1 - 4th = -$11
2 - 1st = +$39
3 - 4th = -$11

Total = +$17

No comments: