Friday, February 23, 2007

New goal: Learn the Short-game

I have been playing dead even poker for a couple months now. I am going to put a roll on WPEX so that with the no rake I’ll at least make some money while playing even. I know that’s isn’t a real solution and that I should find and seal some leaks, but if I start making money again my confidence will go up and likely help improve my game.

Here’s the situation. WPEX has a low player base so there aren’t enough tables going. I am a full-ring cash guy as you know well, but they usually only have 6-max tables going. So I want to make the transition to 6-max.

I know I will have to loosen up and develop a post-flop game to play 6-max efficiently. I think that learning to short-game will be my next step to learning more about the game and becoming a more rounded player. Because as I move up levels I need to learn to outplay opponents and not just play the monsters to make profits.

So this morning after 2 weeks of waiting for half my bankroll to get into my epassporte I should finally be able to put it on WPEX.

Anyone have any pointers - hook a brotha up.

Wish me luck.. Donkass out.

No comments: