Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going a New Route or Psych Wars: A New Hope

I am having a major downswing lately. For the last few months I have been doing more losing than winning. I was up last month by a few hundred by overall I had more losing sessions than winning ones. This month so far I am down a hundred or so. OK, I guess not a major downswing, but it seems so. I am feeling very negative about my current game. My total game online and off this month as of yet hasn’t been good, to the point that I have barely played online. I just feel that I’m in a rut and I can only lose money if I play. And it is fact that negativity breeds negative results. Junk in, junk out as the IT boys say. I really have to buckle down and think positive about how well I have actually done in poker. But I just keep having this losing streak. I have lost 3 home games in a row. I lost $75 playing that live rebuy, though I didn’t really expect to cash my first time out. It all wrapped up together has put my psyche in turmoil.

I think I will take a sojourn from my usual cash game grind. After reading Chipper’s blog a little I have decided to give SnG’s a try. I have done fairly well at SnG’s in the passed, albeit $1 STT’s. I think a change of scenery will do me go and possibly steer me out of this rut. I am going to play 10 $10 SnG’s and evaluate how I fair if I am above even I will give another 10 a shot. This challenge will give me a set short-term goal to strive for other than my norm of just being profitable. Also I plan to start playing some forum weeklies again and also some weekly blogger’s – The Mook for sure anyway. And the SnG’s will get me in shape to play in those games and hopefully help me get deep.

I’m sure I’ll throw in a little time at the cash tables because my Bro has started playing again lately. But it will be cheap win or lose because he is just starting a roll so the stakes will be small. Donkass out.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks for the shout out. I've added you to my daily read on Bloglines. SNGs are a good way to focus, especially the single table ones. Blogger events are fun distraction too. GL - cya at the tables.