Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Playing With My New Software

I played last night after work. I got on and played with my Bro. We got on UB on a $25NL 6-max table. I set up a new data base on PT for the stakes, type, and site that I was playing, as to be able to manage the stats better and also to track common players over time. My Bro has been playing as long as I have but doesn’t frequent forums or read many poker books so he had never heard of PT or Hud. I told him and immediately he sad isn’t that cheating. I told him kinda, but not totally – I added how most other players were using the technology. The only think that still doesn’t seem fair is seeing hole cards at showdown, even if they don’t want you to and muck. He downloaded the trail version of both and I ran him through the setup and config. He was impressed with the stats. We both discussed how we have been at an unfair advantage the whole time we have been playing without this – especially at 6-max. I honestly think poker would be better off without the software. But since it is out there, you need it to just the playing field. No wonder they fold when I get the Big 4. Bastards. Plus seeing my hole cards totally showed them what I was willing to play and draw with. They could and I’m sure they did take that into account on subsequent hands.

The hands were coming fast with only 6 of us at the table. Also good cards were coming fast for me. I played for 2 hrs and got in almost 200 hands. I hit some nice hands and got paid off well. I took a few beats also. 1 2-outer for $10. But I kept climbing. I was feeling the table well. I ran a few guys off the table. I played against 2 guys (one at a time during the 2 hrs) were I got real aggressive. I showed a lot of bluffs and got called down when I had something multiple times. It felt good to run the table. Me being the TAG guy, I don’t get to run the flow of the table, I just hit and wait – hit and wait. So yea, it was exhilarating and quite the rush. But at 6-max you have to loosen up if you want to bet the blinds and rake.

Here’s my session. Later donkass out.

No comments: