Sunday, October 22, 2006

Up and Down or Dropping a Little Ain't Too Bad If You Are Playing Solid

I had 1 big hand that I made a bad read. I had AQs. I hit TPTK on the flop. I raise and he pushes. I call and he turns over a slow-played KK. I guess it wasn't a real bad read. But if I would have raised PF, he likey would have reraised me right there and I could have gotten away from my hand.

The next hand I was kinda’ pot-committed, so I don't really feel bad about that asswhippin'. I raised PR with AA. I get 2 callers. 9-high flop. I bet pot. Next guy raises. The next guy pushes. I figured that I might be behind here. Likely the other guy will call also. So it was going to cost me like $8 to make $65 or so. I call and the other guy does also. He turns over QQ. The pusher shows a set of 9's. I lose the pot and a buyin.

I was really happy with my play even though I ended down slightly. I made some really nice reads throughout the session and took down a lot of pots where I was surely behind. At least when I have lost lately it has only been for small losses.

No comments: