Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dropped a Buyin Again or Need To Re-think

I played some after work last night. 3 tabling at UB and also playing 1 at Px. I end down a buyin for the session. It was mostly my fault. I could of ended even for the night if I changed one bad play. And it was bad. Oh yea, I was up on the penny table again.

I have QQ. Evildoer raises PF. I reraise like I should, IMO. He ups it some more. I push. That is the mistake. If you are reraised PF with Q’s, you have gotten the info that you need to fold. The only push hand here is AA or KK, IMO. But I played it horribly. He completes the ping-pong game and calls. Yes, the AA the he represented the whole time is what he turns over and there goes a buyin. I deserved it. I am playing at the $25NL tables and making the plays one would expect from someone at the Penny tables.

I work hard while playing with the Fam on the Penny tab. I get my buyin back on some nice plays and good cards with callers. Then the dreaded buyin slapper again. This time it was also my fault. Not as bad a play, yet not a play I should be making without thinking of what could beat me. I am in the SB with K2 spades. Flop comes Qs6s5d. I call a small raise and a 7 of spades flushes me. I call a small raise again. The river comes a 6d. He raises $6. I push for $15 more. He calls and turns over 55 for the ass-hurting boat. All that work down the drain because I try to value-bet the river. OK, here’s my after-the-fact analysis: Sadly I pretty much considered my hand the nuts. The only hand I was even halfway worried about was the nut flush. Here are the hands that I should have been thinking of: Ax spades, 55, 66, 77, QQ, 65, 76, and Q6. Yes my hand was strong, but with 8 hands that beat me, I wasn’t value-betting, he was. I should have definitely called, but that is all my hand warranted – a call. I got greedy and it cost me. Hopefully the next time I think the situation through and make the proper decision. Not to say that I know that I’m beat, just that I should only call here.

I am going to start playing $10NL on UB until I make some cash for my eggroll. I don’t know about Px. I have over $100 there. I don’t know. I think with the no rake, I will play 1 $25 buyin and if I lose it, I will drop down and play the $10 game there also.

No comments: