Sunday, October 22, 2006

One Bad Read is All it Takes or Boooo

I ended slightly down again at the end of this session. Hopefully this isn’t a trend that keeps up. Soon as I hit crunch-time I start losing. I am playing solid poker so this is just variance. Soon as I need some wins, Lady Variance starts slapping me around. At least they have been small losses so far. Now it’s time for a nice 3 buyin session.

I did some 4 tabling the other night. I played 3 $25NL tables and with the Fam on a Penny tab.

I held my own on the Penny table. I was up and down, yet ended up at the close. (At the Penny table that is.) I called a guy with TPTK and the other guy had 2 pr. Ouch. I ended up getting it back from the same guy later in the session. My Sis plays a lot tighter than her husband JV. (The crazy reckless Italian.) He is even getting better, lol.

I loaned out $70 more of my online roll. I hope to get $50 of it paid back online. I hope so. The other I always get paid offline.

I ground out a nice little margin then this hand knocked me down for the night. 1 hand and all that hard work for naught.

1 hand of note: I lost a buyin on this one. Of course it had to be on the $25 tab. I raise PF with JJ. I get 2 callers. Flop comes 22Q. I raise and get reraised. The between guy drops and I push hoping to knock out the other player. He was a real agro player. He looked at most flops and usually bet the flops, even showing down marginal holdings. I felt justified in my move. He turned over 24o, which he called my 4xBB PF raise with. Boo, I say. But hey it paid off for him. I don’t know how I feel about my move. With the guy being agro he could have been holding anything so I have to say in retrospect, that my call truly sucked. With that board, if he hit either card, I am beat. I probably fold here to anyone else.

No comments: