Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Last Few Days

I have a starting bankroll of $230. Lets see what I can do with it. I don't know if I will post my actual roll or not. I will have to think about it. I am a little concerned with this new legislation. I would have to post my earnings and end up getting pimped on the exact amount due just to my blog. I don't know. What are your thoughts on gambling now?

I have $130 on UB and $100 on Px. I will try to play Px for the most part due to the no rake. No rake makes baby rolls happy. Too bad I already had an account at UB or I could have a 30% rakeback from them also. I do get rakeback from FT, but I don't play there often. The Gnomes aggravate me. I will play $25NL for a while and see how it goes. A little above my roll, but I think I can nurse it and make it grow from here.

14th - I lost a little. I was playing with only $30 at that time. (Before by bro owned up.) I was 3 tabling at the $10NL.

15th - I was up a little for the session. I am reading well. Making some plays here and there, but mostly tight is my current game.

16th - Up again this session. Man playing at these stakes is different. I honestly feel that I am the best guy at the table. Which is weird. I know that sounds pompous, but I do. I think I finally understand what people are talking about when they speak of the Levels of Poker Thinking. I wish I felt this way at the $200NL tables.

17th - I put in about 4 hrs this morning on UB at $25NL. Here's a few hands. It really was a good session even though I end down a few bucks. I had a few bad hands that hurt. 2 big hands are all that I really lost. I dropped $45 on those 2 monsters. Good thing I was up a goodly bit or they really would have hurt. Other than those 2 hands I was rocking at 3 tables at once and hand the feel on all 3. I was also up on all. When I missed my hand, I still was often able to take it down anyway. I always show my bluffs or semi-bluffs. It often gets me action the next few cycles.

This was a cool series of events. I raise PF with JJ. This guy to my left has $4 at the table and reraises me. Folds back around to me. I push for his last $3 and he calls with Big Slick. River brings the A. He now owns $9; half of which is mine.

3 hands later I'm in the Small with ATo. 1 limper as it comes around to us and we complete. Flop - JJA. I lead out with a pot bet. Lefty smooth-calls and the limper drops. Turn brings my huckleberry. Ace. I bet and he pushes. I call with my nut-boat. No J on the river. He turns over J2o. I get all my money back, plus his. He rebuys.

That's the only time we hooked up this session. He was pissed because every time I stayed he did also. He was hoping to hit a monster so he could get a little redemption.

No comments: