Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Bros or Ha Ha, The Bros

I really have been busy lately everyone, or is it every “one.” I’m sorry for the lax posting issues. Though I won’t lie and say that I will remedy it too soon. I hope to start playing a little more.

I did play a little poker lately. I played with my bros-in-law at the $2NL tables on UB the other night. I played “feel” poker. The guys at these stakes were fairly easy reads. They usually bet their hands without many tricks. The occasional check-raise and the like, but mostly just level 1 game. It was kind’a cool to play there. I could sense when the bettor was scared of his holdings and reraise him. I knew when to get out. Don’t try to bluff too often at these stakes, that is a given. Also lots of call-stations, which is nice.

I won about $7 in a few hrs. Most of these winnings were actually from both of my bros. Though I try not to get involved in hands with them, sometimes it is unavoidable.

My one bro (the experienced one) pushed from EP, which is unlike him no matter his holdings, plus a way over-bet at the table. I know him well and this is always a bluff. I figured him for mid-suited-connectors. I call with KQ. (You know I would call no one else with this hand, but I know he holds shit.) I call with my $2 or so and was actually surprised to see him turn over 32o. (OK, not too surprised!) My cards hold and I double-thru.

My other gave me about $4 with his bad plays. This bro (the Italian vooming booming bamming slamming gambling bro) has never seen a bet, wager, or possibility that he didn’t like. He will bet on anything, not just poker, including but not limited to: sports, poker, pool, weather, ect., ect. He has always played cards – Dealer’s choice mainly, just not hold’em, until lately. I have favorite one-liners, strategies, and advice from him that make me roll around laughing when we play home tourneys. Here’s a few: “You guys go ahead and keep playing the odds, I play the cards.” “I felt that one coming.” “I like to see a flop with that hand.” “34 is a good hand; you hit a lot of flops with those cards.” He always likes to pick the next card. And when he finally guesses right, he always forgets all the times he missed, and brags about his skills. And every time he wins with shit, he says that’s why he likes to see a flop with that hand and feels justified and validated in playing the junk. He sees every flop and will even call 3xBB just to see if he hits. If he gets 2nd pr, he will usually go all the way and likely be the one pushing. With TP shit kicker he will raise, raise, raise. He is very aggressive. He usually will chase all draws. There is no subtlety to his game. He really makes me laugh because of his play and overall philosophy. I like to play with him for the comedic value alone. Guaranteed the chatbox will be littered with: WTF’s, huh’s, and ???’s all night long. I have seen him CALL the river-bet with Q-high and say, “damn, I thought I had him.” But he does get paid off sometimes. (Playing every hand you have to hit sometimes.) I tried to give him advice over and over, even offering to loan my poker books, but he tells me, “he has his own system and people put too much stake in all that junk. You just have to play the cards, they will tell you what to do.” Not too hard to guess how I won the $4 aye. I just waited for a hand PF and bet what I figured he’d call with anything and then just kept betting the hand. He would show down 2nd pr or a draw. Once he did have TP shit kicker and I was on a draw and sucked out on the river. Not really a suckout, due to him giving me the odds, but it felt the same.

No comments: