Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekly Tournament Update


I played 3 weekly blogger tournaments this week. Pretty much, but not all, the poker I played this week. My performance was poor at best. I really sucked in the first two.


Last night’s game in the Aces Cracked tourney, I actually played rather well. I just ran my big hands into a few bigger hands. First I ran my 2pr into a fullhouse. I then came back from that and took the chip leader spot by taking Greb out. (Don't hate the player - hate the game. Right Greb.) I then ran two hands in a row into monsters, thus knocking me from first to watching from the rail.

The first tournament was Tuesday’s WWdN. This was my first time playing in this blogger event. I was running around with the kids while waiting for the game to start and somehow missed the start time by an hr. When I logged-on it was first brake and I was left with 700 and something in chip from blinding down. The blinds were at 75/150. Not looking good for the home team at this point. One cool thing though was the guy sitting to my left was no other that Wil Wheaton himself. (Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: TNG and Gordie in the film Stand by Me and the tournament’s namesake.) He raised my blind just about every circuit, making me want to go Klingon on his ass. I blinded down a little, then doubled up twice putting me over 2000. Then I completed on the BB with just one limper from EP. The flop gave me BPSK. (Bottom pair shit kicker for those unfamiliar with the acronym.) I bet and he raised me. I then pushed. He called and turned over JJ. This was a horrid play on my part. He showed strength, yet I didn’t learn to his hint at power. I figured I could push him off TP. But he had slow-rolled JJ PF, which turned into an over-pr to the flopped board. Nice play on his part. So basically I paid $11 to play 3 hands. Boooooo. I suck.

Second game I played the Thursday WWdN. I honestly don’t remember one single hand from this turney. All I remember is feeling unfulfilled and dissatisfied with my lacking effort. Bye-bye $11.

The first hand I hit 2pr on the flop. Then sadly the turn and river turned Shaman’s second-pr shit kicker into a straight to take me from leader to short-stack. Very next hand I look down at JJ. I am on the SB. I get one or two limpers before me. I decide to push with my hand, playing the old fake tilt trick. This is used when hitting a big pocket-pr on the following hand after losing a big hand, and usually will get you a call, often from marginal hands. Anyways I push and rk, on the BB, wakes up with KK. No suckout for me and I end up going to bed early. I am happy with my play in this tourney. I just hit some hard luck. Kickass, another $11.

Another week of no cashes in the blogger tournaments. I will continue to play and read HHOH. With blinds going up steadily, my cash game stratagems aren’t working and I’ll have to start using the Harrington Zone theories.

I just wroke sad for the ones' I forgot to write down.

37/50
3/4 WE (Week Ending) 7/23/06
32/50 - WE 7/29/06
9/35
5/6 WE 8/5/06
Sad WE 8/12/06
Sad
Sad
5/6 WE 8/19/06

Total = -$80

3 comments:

MarkGreb said...

Keep reading Harrington - it's the best out there.

After HOH:1-3 I'd recommend picking up "Kill Phil" - just to get another perspective on tourney play.

Next week I'll try to be more focused in the AcesCracked game.

I did cash (28th) in the MTT I was playing on FullTilt at the same time.

ashmc2 said...

Nice - Must have been at least 300 people in the tourney.

MarkGreb said...

Just under 700.

FullTilt has really picked up traffic with all the advertising & WSOP.