Monday, August 28, 2006

Sorry About the Drivel or I Think I'm Back

Ok, I'll start by saying that I haven't been in a good way the last month. I was struggling with my own mind. As I'm sure you guys all noticed, I haven't been playing much poker as of late. In fact I have done nothing in the last 2 weeks - no poker and no studying. Well, maybe a little, one tourney. My posts went from daily to almost nonexistent. School has also stole my time. I have also had a lot of personal issues running in my life, that has pulled me from normalcy. But mostly it was all mental. Hopefully I am back from the depths of dark, dread, and drear, that has been my thoughts.

Once again due to issues beyond my control, I have robbed the ol roll. $700 big ones. The eggroll is truly back. I now have less than I started with at the beginning of this poker journey/experiment. Exempting any odd issues, I truly don't see me stealing anymore money. I now must step up to the plate and rock and roll. I plan on staying with the $100NL unless I hit a down swing. My current roll can't adequately sustain too big a hit at that level.

I also finally ran across my notes from my first and only live tourney, excluding home games. I won this tournament. It started with 63 people and had a weird structure. Crazy structure actually. It was limit for the first 2 rounds and then went full-blown NL. There were some rather inexperienced players in the field, especially in tourney play, thus the structure, to allow them to get their money's worth and a taste at the game. This was over a year ago and I was rather inexperienced myself, as you will see, when you read how I managed my chip stack. Harrington would have stood-up, took off that gay stiff-billed sox hat, and ripped it to shreds as he berated me. OK, enough already. BTW, I am looking at that 1st place trophy right now with total nostalgic elation in my eyes.

Oh ya, I might have to write more despondent, irrational drivel like my last post, if it will generate that many comments. Good to know I didn't lose everyone during my depressed hiatus. I might need to up the meds. Later all.

3 comments:

Nikita said...

Glad to see you back ash. I was wondering where you were.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Best of luck with the studies.

ashmc2 said...

Thanks guys.