Saturday, December 30, 2006

Small Win or Making 3rd World Wages

I made $10 in around 5 hrs of my life. That equates to $2 an hr - 4 BB's an hr. It's enough to buy a Vietnamese child but still... Shit working for 5 hrs and not being able to buy a Big Mac - now that's a bitch.

Here's one of my leaks. The Blind Fight. I am sucked into this money-consuming ass-trap time and time again. How hard is it to realize that just because it's just you and the other blind left, that he isn't always stealing. Maybe he actually woke up with a monster under the bed. But no, my EGO (I capitalize because it big) gets all gravely and kicks out the De Niro from Taxi Driver,"You talkin' to me? No... No... You talkin' to me?) and I start firing back with starting hands that would almost always drop to a bet. When will I learn.

Folds around to ass in the SB. He raises to $2. "What, you talking to me... Make it $4." He makes it $6 and I call. Then I basically call the rest of the way with my pocket 2's. Yea that's right, pocket freakin' 2's. OK here's a wasted $15. What a leak!

Then comes the usual KOD. (Kiss of Death. KK.) I actually didn't lose much here but it just pisses me of when some fag calls my raise with shit and spikes his Ace. There's only one card that I'm really worried about on the flop (if someone sets it so be it, it was fate)and that Ace seems to come up often. I always pot raise anyways just to make sure. But so many guys play those A-rag hands and can't let them go. Away from the rant and back to the hand. He min-raises from EP. I reraise to $3.75. It folds back to him and he slowly makes the call. A96 Flop and he pushes for his last $10. What would some tard min-raise PF with, then call a over-bet-raise PF, and then open push. AQ or AJs or less likely 99 or 66. Would you push to the aggressor with a made set? Not I, I say. I let the aggressor bet then I push my last $10. So that leaves an afraid Ace IMO. If he pushed with QQ, JJ, or TT, I give it to him for having the balls and I tip my hat off to him, as I ask him to go outside for his ass-whippin'. "Head or Gut? It's your choice and be quick about it." I fold. Does anyone call this? Am I weak here?

Then comes the KOD again, but this time it's not the dumbass Suicide King. Limp-limp from UTG and UTG+1. Then I raise it to $2.75 with KOD. Folds back to UTG and he pushs his whole $8.50. UTG+1 calls. Holy crap, what do we have here. I push my $40+. He insta-calls. Board comes down all under Jack. UTG has A8o??? Only thing I can think is that maybe he was on tilt after losing a big hand, that I missed due to multi-tabling, which is why he only had $10 at a $50 table. UTG+1 turns out to be slow playing AKo or maybe he is just weak and I had him crushed. KOD holds up and I scoop in $50. 2 players fail to rebuy and there are 2 newly opened seats at the table.

Last hand of the night. I am so pissed that I decide to not even turn off the Auto Posts at my tables, I just X'ed out, took my sleeping pills, and headed for the bedroom, with thoughts of what if. This guy at the table is hyper-agro. He limps or raises every hand. He is in every hand anyways, limping more often than raising. He then mixes it up with calls, raises, and the occasional fold on the flop. He is basically running the table and I've watched lots of seats open up then fill back up as fish leave to find calmer water. (I guess, as to how I lost this the biggest hand of my night, maybe I shouldn't call others fish.) OK, I've set it up enough to try to Validate my play here. LOL. I'm SB with KQo. Limp to the flop. KJ6spades on the board. He over-bets. I call with TP, plus I have the Q of spades. X-small un-suited. He fires again and I call, just knowing that he is trying to buy this shit, but not brave enough to put him to the test. Blank on the river and I once again call him down. He turns over T2spades. Shit, Shit, Shit. Turns out he was protecting his small flush the whole time by betting. Plus the raises were him normal MO. I really played this bad. I'm not being results oriented either. If I was willing to call this fag all the way, I should have took that money and raised the flop to see where I was at. I guess unless I could go back in time I don't know if I would have believed his inevitable reraise anyways. I dropped like $30 on the hand.

So I made a measly $10 for the night. At least I see my leaks now I just have to learn from them.

OK, it's live poker tonight. Bro is coming over to Mom's house again for some Fam-tourney action. Let's see how JV's luck holds this time. I'm holding out and going for the kill with some check-raises tonight. Let's hope my luck holds and his Dago luck doesn't.

No comments: