Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Not Dead

Sorry everyone for the disappearing act. There are 5 reasons for the long sojourn: I have had some personal issues going on; I haven’t been playing at all or even getting on the computer often; hunting season; Final Fantasy XII; and I have been studiously enthralled in my Psych books. I will try to post more often that’s for sure.

I have really been dead and disinterested in poker. I just can’t get thrilled about sitting down in front of the virtual dealer. I haven’t played online in a month. I think what happened was that I got burned out after cashing out my roll. I cashed out most of my roll a few months back and then loaned out most of what I had left online. I was down to $30, then I moved down stakes drastically, and needed to make a comeback. I was down to $12 so I pulled out a strategy from my past, one Thrash coined shoeclerking. I played non-stop for a while and took that $12 and got enough of a roll to start climbing stakes and going back to my normal style. I took that $12 and at its zenith got it to $950. Then came Lady Variance from the depths of the maelstrom. She slapped me around time and time again. Going in with the best of it meant nothing to her. 2,3, and 4 outers were her weapons of choice. I honestly couldn’t win shit. My roll kept dwindling. My confidence dropped. I started second guessing my reads and plays. I went from playing solid poker with bad luck to playing bad with worse luck. I also started playing coin-flip poker, which is never good when you’re running bad. I began raising and chasing draws without the odds like the world owed me the outs to win big pots. I truly was playing bad the worse my luck ran. I said fuck it a month ago and decided it was time for a rest. My eggroll currently sits at $400 waiting for me to re-enter the ring. I still don’t feel ready, so I wait in the corner with the cut-man, listening for the bell to go, "Ding, Ding."

No comments: