Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ouch or Darn, Darn, Darn

First round at table today. KK vs AQs (70%/30%) allin PF. Bang KOD puts it in my ass. $25 down right off the bat. Rebuy back to $50 max. 2 hands later and still in my first circut. QQ - the ladies. EP raises with only $10 total. I want to get isolated and get his other $7.50 in. I push from MP. LP calls my $50. Shit, Shit, Shit. Aces. AA vs QQ vs JJ. (68%/17%/15%). American Airlines stays in the sky, fending off the terrorists with box-cutters.

I'm down $75 in less than 10 min and it's time for a break to clear my brain.

Oh yea, as you've likely already noticed I've started throwing in some percintages. I figured that it would be a good way to start learning them better by taking the time to look them up. I downloaded Poker Stove for this. It is a nice piece of software to have.

Also I decided to start posting hands again. I recall that by posting key hands that while explaining and typing I would get greater insight into the situations that they present. So basically I am learning by analizing these hands that I take notes on. I start realizing just how amiturish I am playing some of my hands. Even some of the hands that I win. Time to fill some leaks again. It's actually kinds of humbling to see just how much I don't know.

I am also going to start posting HH's on AC and TP again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those hands are just bad luck. If the guy is all in at $10 maybe you should raise to 20. It gets the same point across and you may get someone to move in over the top of you with AK, AQ. By going all in nobody will ever call with worse a hand and sometimes call with a much better hand.

Just a thought...

Have a happy new year, it can only get better