Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Fam Game or Crush

I crushed the mini-tourneys that we played. We played 6 games. 4 games had 6 players and 2 had 5. I was on fire. I got 1st twice, 2nd thrice, and 4th once. I made $30.

In all those games I only got my money allin with the worse hand 2 times, when I didn't have to push due to a short stack and increased blinds. I'm pretty proud of that. Twice when I got 2nd I had the best going in on the critical hand. both times it happened the same way. I was slightly ahead in in chips when we got it all in the middle PF. I then got bad beat and totally crimpled chip wise and was forced to push the very next hand. Bad beat 1 - AJo vs KTo (60%/40%) - 2 - 88 vs 77 (80%/20%) I didn't mind the coin toss, but the 4to1 fav hurt.

Don't let me get too high on my horse though. Once when I got 1st I put a huge suckout on Jv. A5o vs A8o (35%/65%) After that I was back in the game. It was pretty uneventful for awhile as the table dwendled down. Then It got down to me, Jv, and Bro. Jv was buyin pots as I was waiting for a hand to slap his ass out of the game with. I checked with AJo and he did the expected; he raised. Bro called which scared me, but he knows my style well so I figured I could isolate if I pushed and Jv called. I pushed. Jv called quick. Bro looked me up and down; then he folded it after posturing for a few min. If Jv wouldn't have called it would have been a harder dicision for him because he would have to decide if I was stealing or not. But with 2 allins he had to drop like I was hoping really hard while he sat there rubbing his head exaggaratedly forever and saying that he should call and that he was holding the best hand. We turned over AJo and A5o (70%/30%) and I already started continplating my HU strategy against Bro. 5 came and Jv jumped up started screaming and doing doing his usual Kung Fu moves. I said that it was payback for my earlier suckout but I was pretty pissed inside at the poetic justice BS. LOL. I was left with 400 in chips out of the 9000 in circulation. The blinds were at 400 I think. I was the dealer so I could wait one hand if neccessary but I had an Ace. I went allin. Jv who doesn't know anything about checking down raised Bro and he folded. I beat Jv and tripled up. Bro would have sucked out 2pr if Jv would have checked it down and moved up in the money. very next hand I wake up with AQs if I remember right. Jv calls, as does bro from the SB. I push from the big. Jv calls as does Bro and I start to worry as make a side pot with what I can win. Board comes down Ace and Queenless and I figure someone paired up. Bro checks Jv the big stack pushes. Bro thinks hard then folds. Jv turns over a total bluff with no card above a seven and off-suited to boot. He doesn't realize just how bad this play is. Yes he got Bro to fold but with nothing in the side pot he still has to beat me to make anything. I beat him and triple again. Bro soon is short stacked and is taken out. I then play aggressive against Jv heads-up. He isn't used to playing against aggression only being the aggressor. He folds to a few of my reraises of his bluffs and a few where he had a strong HU hand. I dwendle him down to the critical point and then fein weakness with a strong starting hand and reraise him. Game over. I was really happy with my play in this game other than the one mistake that could have lost my game for me. Also Jv's agression was my salvation in this game and all night long really. 2 nice hands at the end along with his bad play won me the high pedestal.

Very good night for poker. It almost got out of hand once though. Bro and Jv got buzzed and started arguing about stupid shit that does matter in the big sceem of life as usual. But they let itget really heating and we had to work hard to get them calmed down enough to continue to play nicely.

Me - 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, and out of the cash once.
Bro - 2nd, 3rd
Mom - 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and in the money possibly once more in 3rd.
Dad - 1st, 1st
Jv - 2nd, 3rd, maybe another 2nd or 3rd and a 1st/2nd split.
Mist - 2nd or 3rd, and a 1st/2nd split.

+$30

No comments: