Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cowboys or The Gunslinger

Great morning this morn. I got off of work, still felt a bit spry, so decided to put in about an hr or so. World didn’t have any $25’s open so I figured that I’d risk a little more and sit with my ol’ buddy Rake at a $50 table. While waiting for a vacancy I started chatting a little with Rake in the girly chat. I told him to knock someone out so I could get the seat. He said he’d love to but the table was really timid. Man was he right, just a bunch of sheep at the table. Maybe it was because it was so early. Rake had switched gears and was taking full advantage of their timidity. Just about every hand he was making it $2 to go PF from every position and then adding a CB on the flop. They just wouldn’t show the backbone necessary to counter his sheer aggression. He was running the table. It was pretty cool to watch, because he seemed to realize when he was beat, and would drop. He had $175 at the $50 table. He finally knocked a guy out and I take the seat. I win 3 nice hands and they were all from my boy Rake. He wouldn’t leave me alone. So be it. LOL.

I started off well right out the gate. I have AK and double Rake’s PF raise and a K hits the flop. Rake bets, I raise, he folds, and I take down a smallish pot. I play tight and wait around for something to actually call a PF raise with. I call another of Rake’s PF raises with a pr of 4’s. I hit my set on the flop. He raises I smooth-call. He senses my slow-play and we both check the turn. I raise the river and he mucks without showing. I nab another smallish pot putting me up over $70. I continue waiting are for a hand while Rake continues to dominate to action. I miss a few raised and unraised pots and have to drop to aggression over the next half hr. I start giving him some shit about always seeing my raised pots at least to the flop and that he was trying to spike something and stack me. He said of course that was what he was doing. I told him to stop hating. Then came my Cowboys. He raises and I triple his usual bluster. Everyone folds but him; he calls. Flop is T76 - he bets and I raise. He calls. I don’t remember what the turn was, but I think it was small. He bets to put my last $40 in. Think tank: So it’s $40 to call $100. There is a lot in there but if I’m beat? I don’t know. Man he has been hyper-agro. He knows I am tight and also willing to make a big lay down. Man I have a nice hand. Straight possibility, but no flush on the board. Would he have bet out with the made straight on the flop? Trips maybe? I don’t think he has it. He knows that I am betting if he checks, which in turn will pot-commit me. So if he wants my money in, why put me to the decision now, where I might lay it down. He doesn’t want a call. I don’t know. Fuck it, I call. In goes my chips. He turns over TJ. He had TP plus a gut-shot straight draw. Cowboys win! I turn off the Auto Blind button and wait for my exit. Rake types – great call. He knew I had him beat, but he was certain that I would muck an over-pr to his aggression. Honestly if he wasn’t in agro-mode I likely dump that and wait for a better spot. One of those Hero or Zero moments where if you make the call and are right you look like a genius; if you call and are wrong, you truly are a dumbass.

I also did OK at my UB tables. I made a total of $90 before bed. Nice. Feels nice going to bed a hero this day.

I get up in the afternoon and flip through the channels while I wipe the sleep from my eyes. WSOP poker on ESPN: cool that is what I will do until dinner and time to get ready for work. JV needed me to transfer money online again already; he decided to give online Black Jack a try and found out it harder to master than he thought. (Nerd.) BJ leads to the Darkside young Padawon. So much for watching poker. If I have to get on there anyways, mind as well open some tabs. I have less than an hr to play so lets make something happen, by Crom. I open 2 World $25 tabs and 4 on UB. I also notice for the first time while on my account page making the transfer, that there is a bonus going on. Details read: If I accumulate 750 points from Oct. 27th – Nov. 2nd I get $.03 per point. It’s not a lot but free money anytime is nice, but free money while having an eggroll is priceless. I have already accumulated about 600 points without even knowing about this deal. I wouldn’t normally worry about it with only being one whole day left and me having to work, but shit I’m almost there already. I kicked some butt on UB in that 45 min. I bet I saw Cowboys 8 times. (On both sites.) That is a corral worth of gunslingers my friend. I had so many good hands going at the same time that I was actually holding up the games a little. I really should of close one or 2, but hey, greed is a needful lover. Crap I actually timed out once PF with KK being my hole cards. Just when I was trying to raise the tables started popping up. Of course everything slows down long enough for me to watch the dead hand. And sure enough the raising ensues. Two guys go at it and when the smoke clears, I see that I would have won a huge pot. But don’t pity me, for the cards were flowing like wine in Rome, and like I said the Cowboys had my back the whole time.

I ended slightly down on World. (Which of course was where I missed the hand.) But I won over $50 at UB. I was pumped. Less than 2 hrs work and I cleared slightly shy of $150. Tomorrow morn I’ll be back at it for sure. I need to clear that bonus. Hopefully my good fortune continues. And hopefully the JV stays away from the BJ table and starts playing tight and knocking down some wins also. (Nerd.)

No comments: