Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Fish Bowl

I played with the boys from work again on Tues. night. My little fish, I like to call them. I went home the big winner as usual. I have played with these guys more than 10 times and have only once went home down any money and that time was to a river suckout 4-outer. I had the nut-flush and they had 2pr. I got him to put all his money in on the turn and the river brings the 4-outer. Yea. Sorry to rehash that. As you can tell, I’m totally over it. Back to it; damn I get side-tracked easily. I think that is also part of my illness. Damn brain. Easy game, just wait for a hand and bet it. Once they fear your raises, bluff at the pot. Rinse and repeat. The big hands that I usually rake in are the over-valued hands. They have a bad habit OV’ing hands in a few different situations. 1 – if a 4-flush hits the board, no matter how small their flush-card is, all they see is flush. Often 3 or 4 will call big raises. 2 – 4 cards to a straight or a straight on the board. Nut straight isn’t a concept that they have learned yet. And of course their good buddy Ash ain’t telling them shit. 3 – pocket pairs. This is probably where they suck the most. If they have a PP they think that means that they are supposed to win that hand and that they can bet or call all the way to showdown and have a truly genuine look of befuddlement at the big loss. It is almost sickening to watch. Ex: Guy with pocket 6’s bets all the way to the river then calls the raise of his bet on a board with 4 overs and flush and straight draw possibilities. And then he said that he had to see.

No comments: