Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Little Live Action

I played a small game with a 3 friends from work. They are all pretty inexperienced. The have the luck mentality where everyone puts their money in and watches to see who wins. They have played holdem a bit but still haven’t learned many of the essentials. I saw a lot of flops and then tried to out-play post flop. The only problem with trying to out-play these guys is that they like to see the showdown and see if their kicker or 2nd pr is good, even calling some nice raises just to see. This makes bluffing at the pot pretty unproductive most times. Knowing when to bluff isn’t that hard though from late position. They usually bet their hands. So if they raise you drop, because you are likely going to showdown. The other difference you have to adjust for is figuring out what they hold. They undervalue their nice hands. They will often just call my river bet with 2 pr, straights, and flushes. I will see my TP crushed and wonder why they didn’t value bet at some point in the hand. This has its perks and it’s drawbacks; they don’t get maximum profits with the best hand against me, but I also throw in to much money with the worst hand when I’m the aggressor. Productive game though. They only had $38 to play with and I put all of that in my pocket.

No comments: