Thursday, November 23, 2006

4 Days Away

Poker didn’t go as I envisioned it while working last week on nights. I put away my school books and checked all the blogs. They pumped me up, see how good some of the guys were fairing. Wes in particular has been rushing for a while now, almost to the point that I don’t think variance is going to kick in. I hope to reach that level of play within the next 2 years. OK, back to reality. I just knew I would put up some big numbers and hit my Nov. goal. But alas, I played like a donkey thru-out my days off. I made some horribly calls. I made some sad bluffs. I didn’t value bet when I needed. And just all around played like an ass. OK, I also did get slapped around with a few horrible beats. 2 and 4-outers were the crux of my misery when I wasn’t spewing chips into the dead money side of the pot. All in all I dropped $150 or so. I have one more week to step it up. A grand seems quite the apex now.

I don’t really know what to do, but lately I have really been making some stupid calls. If I can’t stop the madness, I might have to concede and cut back on the tables that I play simultaneously. I usually have 6 or 7 going. Plus currently I have 2 sites at 2 different stakes going. I think maybe with all the extra thoughts that I have to calculate constantly; it is just too taxing to make adequate competent decisions.

I going on vacation from work in a few days and will have 12 straight days off. I’m not going anywhere but away from work. I am burnt-out right now. Plus if I didn’t take the days before the end of the year I would lose them back to the company. I will get some poker in and see where to go by my results. I have to have at least 4 tables going or I get bored. And my bankroll can’t sustain Lady Variance at the stakes that I would be able to pay full attention to just one table. Anyone else have this patience/attention-span issue? If I’m not rushing on the amount of the stakes I need to be making constant decisions. I think that is part of my illness.

I took all my money off of WPEX this week because there just is never a game going. Plus with UB having this new weekly points exchange bonus deal thingy going, and my normal bonus dollars accruing perpetually as I play, I see no need to waste my time waiting for a game on World. Now only if I could talk UB into hooking me up with Rakebreak I would be raking-in, (no pun intended, it just worked out that way,) the fucking dough. UB offers a 28% rake back thru Rakebreak for new members to bring in player base, but if you are already a registered user Fuckoff. I guess the way around this is to sign-up under a new alias and e-mail address. This is more work than I feel like doing, so bonus dollars and conversion monies will have to do. Oh yea, the whole point of this paragraph was meant to bring up a bragging session. So with no more ado, I have my roll in just 3 places now. 1 – a small amount at neteller for a rainy day, just in case you know, if something horrible happens to my eggroll, and it also gives me a little security blanket that keeps me from sleeping in the fetal position at night. 2 – UB, where most of the roll is rolling. 3 – FT. Remember from previous post that I found that $4 on Tilt. Well I have been shoeclerking the shit out of that $4 and it currently sits at $42.

No comments: