Wednesday, September 20, 2006

STRAIGHT-FLUSH or NEW BIGGEST HAND EVER

Even though I was going back on days Weds, Mon night I stayed up to 4:30 am. I should have been switching my nights to days. It is so easy to switch from days to nights. All you have to do is sleep-in on your first day back. Nights to days a different story. I get off at 7 am my night of work, and I’m usually in a meeting till 8am. I get home and the only way I will go to sleep at a normal hr that night is to stay up all day long. But I ain’t doing that. I usually try to stay up for 4 or 5 hrs then take a nap, get up, and try to go back to bed that night. This never, or very rarely works. I usually take that nap and stay up all night. My sleeping/mood meds don’t even put me to sleep after nights. What usually happens is I go to work my first morning with about 2 or 3 hrs sleep and when I get home I’m ready to eat, shit, take a shower, and head to bed.

So anyways, I played with Rake till 2:30 am. (That’s 8:30 am for him. Quite the all-nighter. What a lunatic.) We were 3 tabling all night or however many tabs were open from hr to hr. While playing, I was up then down. I got stacked once when a guy hit his flush after going allin with me on the turn. (That hurt I tells ya.) I was up close to a buyin when that went down and I slowly got most back.

Then comes the big hand!!! I hit the straight on the turn with JTs. A few guys in the hand with me at that point. I bet pot and one guy stays. The turn comes a 9 witch pairs the board. But HOLY SHIT it gives me the STRAIGHT-FLUSH. I bet Pot and he raises me double. I push for a $150 or so more. He insta-calls and turns over a well-hidden Boat. The 9 that gave me the str8-flush gave him the fullhouse. He thought I just likely hit a nut-flush on the river. It was simply beautiful. The guy left the table, which always makes one feel superior.

But I felt a little bad for the guy – maybe he was having a bad day or maybe he was gambling with his house payment or baby’s diaper money. NAAA, I'm just joking, sad to say that is how we make money. IMO, you should only be playing with what you can afford to lose. It’s called bankroll management. And if you have read my blog for any length of time you know that I religiously follow it, sometimes to the point of even being anal about it, with way too much over-kill. And if the person can’t follow this path due to being a degenerate gambler, I am actually helping the guy.

Preach-on Brother, you say?


If you have an addiction, when do you get help? When you hit rock-bottom, that’s when. And that's where I come in. So I am just doing my part in getting him some help. Just think of me as his 12-Step Program. Don’t everyone thank me all at once. LOL. I’m just doing My part for the greater good of All.

OK, after the largest pot ever, Rake finally went off to bed or wherever vampires take respite. I had some family playing freemoney on UB. Two of them just started playing online. I wanted to play with them, yet wasn't going to play playmoney. That's where I started and will never look back for any reason. That's just not me anymore. So I hooked everyone up with ten bucks in their accounts, which was perfect because that was all I had in neteller at the time to put on UB - $40. I originally wanted to get on one .01/.02 tab and play together but it was late, plus I saw that they were playing free SNG's before I showed up. So I figured they'd rather play a $1 SNG.

We started with 1500. I was getting off the internet with rake and after folding the 1st 6 hands, I look and my sister is already at 450. Holy crap. A few hands later in EP, after watching her and my cousin get involved in every hand, I have TT. I raise to 120, because that's the only way to thin the field. I get 3 callers, obviously my sister and cousin also calling. Flop 9 high. I bet 300 to put her allin if she wanted to call. Her and my cousin call. The other guy drops. Q turn. I push. He folds like I hoped. I rake in a nice pot for the start of the 2nd orbit. Not bad, Not bad. Before the stakes go up I take my cousin out. He shows down total shit. It is obvious that they just need to put in more time at the tables and get some hands under their feet and freemoney is the best place for that. That way you get experience and don't have to pay for it.

Anyways, I was getting some nice cards while waiting for them, thus playing tight, and hitting the board quite often as well. I just kept taking people out. I took out 3 people to get it down to 4, sis and cuz included. ;)

I knock out the other 2 and it is down to me and dad. We played back and forth a little bit, but I bullied him around, and showed him a lot of bluffs. I was able to do this because I started heads-up with over 10000. He had to pick a spot and push, which he did with A6, I think if I remember correctly. I just happened to wake-up with Big-slick that same hand and was wondering how to get his money in the pot. Check or bet I was thinking as he pushed. No 6 or BS flush or straight. Game End. I'm just glad I came into HU so far ahead, because that is pretty much all he plays is SNG's and tourneys. He is usually real aggressive HU, but he just didn't have the clout with his baby-stack. I made $4. WooHoo.

+$232.25
Total Bankroll = $1898.75

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to play in The Mookie last night.

ashmc2 said...

Thanks Mook, I will print my game notes soon.

Anonymous said...

Straight flushes are beautiful... even moreso when you get max extraction with 'em. Nice work! :)

ashmc2 said...

TY Penn