Wednesday, September 13, 2006

AC League - Game 1


I played the AC league game 1 on Sat. 8 people actually showed. This is the biggest turnout since I started playing with these nerds. (You know who you are.) I went out in 7th. Not quite how I envisioned my starting out standings. I played rather well up until my “last hand.” Anyways I called a raised pot from MP after a raise from LP with AT. Not a good Idea in the first place, I know. Too often you will find yourself out-kicked, as I found out. Shit I normally not even limp with that hand. So Not only did I play this hand poorly, I should have never been in the situation in the first play. Double slap. Ouch, I sorry diddy. Oh yea, back to the hand. If I remember it correctly, the flop comes Axx. Sneaky me checks. JB (A new face at his first game, apparently one of IG’s buds) raises and I reraise. He just calls. The turn delivers the A. Now since the jig is up, so I lead out with a bet. JB pushes. At this point I know I am beat, but if I fold I am left with 600 in chips. 600 to call around 3500. What would he raise PF with? If it has an Ace in it, likely I’m out-kicked. I call. He turns over AK, I’m not surprised, and go to the virtual rail with IG. Game 1 shot to hell. I need to play my game and stop trying to push the action.

BTW, Iron Girl did a live blog of the tourney. She did a good job of it I might add. I you feel like it, give it a gander.

Game 1 - 7/8

1 comment:

Irongirl01 said...

Hey Ashman thanks for the props. Thankfully we both can throw out last weeks scores.

Love how your blog was spammed. Time to invoke the word verification

Where were you last nite for FTP??

Catch you tomorrow nite Im off to play in my live league

IG