Friday, September 29, 2006

Eggroll Social Experiment

I decided to try a little experiment with my AC Forum friends. I dubbed it the Eggroll Social Experiment. I gave 10 people $5 on UB to do with what they would. For 1 week they have been writing how things are going with their eggrolls. I just wanted to do something for the guys at AC, plus I wondered how people would manage the few dollars. Would they put it all on the $10NL table and let it ride? Would they start at the penny tables and move up slowly? Would they play SNG’s and move up as soon as they could to the $5 SNG’s?

I’ve been reading the updates that people post. Some did all those aforementioned things. It is pretty cool to see the different strategies people have used and how they performed. There still is half a week yet to go.

Me personally? Well I only played once as of yet this week. I started at the penny2penny tables and $1.10 SNG’s. I lost interest on the penny tables real fast and left with $4.77. I then went and played with some family members on 2 $1 SNG’s. I went out 5th or so in the 1st. I then went out in 2nd in the 2nd. I was the underdog at the start of HU. A very short HU it was; no more than 20 hands I’d say. I took a slight lead after a first hand double allin. I then ran a nice HU hand into a better hand and was crippled. Very next hand I had AQ and pushed. He called and showed Cowboys. The gunslingers took me down at high-noon (or midnight, as it were,) and I went to bed. With bonus money I now sit at $5.63.

Weird playing for those stakes again. I think I am going to run a baby SNG in the background on UB for a while and see just how I can do with that eggroll. It will help me with my weeklies and my overall tourney play, and at cheap cost. Plus maybe I will get good and work my SNG eggroll up, making it up to larger SNG’s. This will be a cool new experiment.

-$45

2 comments:

thrash1294 said...

nice rant.
A bad beat example woul be flopping
quads to be beat by some fish who gets runner runner to get bigger quads or the straight flush now thats a bad beat

ashmc2 said...

That's for sure.

Keep your roll rollin'.