Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Premature Judgement or 5 Max Rules

Ok, maybe I was a little premature on how bad 5max was. No full-ring tables were open on Px and my friend Rake or Nuthouse or Magnus, whatever moniker or handle you want to call him by, was playing at the 5 max, so I decided to give another go. I played tight at first while I got the fill for it, not to mention that it was also $200. I began loosing up my starting requirements. I was always aggressive when in hands, or usually anyways. I bluffed often and defended my blinds regularly. I kind’a got in a zone after awhile and could feel the flow and pulse of the game. It was cool. Not really the feel you get at a full table. I only played at one even though there were more open. At a full-ring game I can play 4 tables efficiently, knowing how I will play the hands I’m dealt. But with playing more hands and the overall aggressive nature and pace of the game, I needed to concentrate. It was that way for me with full-ring also so maybe this is something that I can learn and will stop feeling so intense. There is a lot more imbued energy and flow to the play. A lot more depends on reading the betting patterns and their playing styles. With so few in the game it is easier to pinpoint players’ styles and what their actions likely mean. I had fun and learned much in the short time that I played. Not getting sucked-out on but once also helped. I ended up more than $100.

+$111.81
Total Bankroll = $1666.50

No comments: