Saturday, January 06, 2007

Another Good Day or Weeeeee

I played for a few hrs after work again. I did well. I made around $60. The big problem was finding a table. Only 1 $50 was open and 2 $25’s. So I pulled up all 3. (See previous post) The reason that I multi-tabled at different stakes is because it was only 3 tables and I am also comfortable playing for these stakes. If it had be 1 $50 and 2 $100 tables, I would have just dropped the $50 table and dealt with my impatience. Things were pretty uneventful. No monster hands; I just ground out a bunch of small victories and ended up a bit for the session.

I also put in my first live game of the year today. I played a short, small game with the work troupe. I slapped them around as usual, but not for as much as usual. I got caught in a nasty bluff and it really put a dent in my profit. He called my complete bluff with 2nd pair on a paired board. Plus there was a straight and flush possibility. His call was horrible, but hey, maybe he knew I was full of shit. Naaaaa, his call sucked. Normally it would have put money in my pocket when I really did have the goods and he called my raises with shit. Fun time though. A few are getting better at the game and a few aren’t. It’s fun to watch some of their plays. I won $13. Not bad for a start.

I am now off of work for 12 days straight and I play to put in a ton of hands. If I remember, I will try to keep tabs on just how many. My goal is to reason $1000 by the time I go back to work. If Lady Variance leaves me be most of the time, and I actually get rewarded for going in with the best hand, I think that I can surpass this goal. Wish me luck.

No comments: