Friday, January 12, 2007

Ahhh: The Subsidence of Tilt

I did play any more that night; which was probably for the best. I was not in a good frame of mind at the time. I don't think I have ever tilted that bad. I remembered that Poker After Dark comes on at 2am so I watched that instead of playing. Then I just went to bed.

I got on last night and decided to give $50NL one shot for the night, with the stipulation that if I lost one buyin I would move down. After about 30 min of folding and small hands I look down at KK. It's min-raised in front me, I raise to $3, then a guy a few seats to my left pushes for the rest of my $50. I was still so worried about my luck that I almost just folded. I did figured he probably had Aces but I never fold PF with Aces or Kings. I talked myself into calling. The board came down with AQTxx and my heart sunk. He turns over QQ and takes my money.

I just couldn't take it so I X-off all my tables and get off the computer. Ash-wife wasn't feeling well so I went and laid down with her and watched some TV. We dosed off and I am then awoke by the phone about an hr after falling asleep. My mom was on the phone and she wanted to watch me play on UB.

I got on 6 $25NL tables. As soon as I started playing the hands began coming. I actually won some hands. The clouds began to open up and the sun's rays began shining down. (OK, maybe not, it was night-time.) What was this sensation that I was feeling? Happiness? confidence? Power? I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but whatever it was it was nice to have it back. I went into the zone. I could see what these guys were trying and playing. Most of the time anyway. They still tricked me on some hands, but most of the time my money went in with the best. I made some calls that I truly felt proud about. I started noticing that there are some major differences between the play at $50 and $25. It was almost palpable. The play at $50 is much better than at $25. The $50 guys are thinking rationally about most plays. There is a systematic approach to their game. They can make a laydown. Overall they are more well-rounded and tougher to deceive. And yes, there are still the dumbasses that have more money that brains, but overall much more skilled. Of course, I have made this statement comparing 1 night of $25 against a month of $50NL. So put what stake in my opinion that you can. $25NL players were calling huge raises with nothing other than draws. You get these guys at $50, but the sheer amount of these players was amazing. It was hard to fold anything. They would miss their draws and reraise allin all the time. They were being agro with 2nd and 3rd pr. On multiple occasions I sat in much trepidation worrying over calls, finally giving into the gambler inside me, only to see these people of pure unadulterated BS plays. So times their cards didn't even coordinate with the board. It was total lunacy. I did get sucked-out on quite a few times, but by that time I was up enough that it did no permanent harm to my psyche. With as many draws as they were trying, they had to hit a few at some point. Also they were chasing big raises with gut-shots and A-highs.

But truly last night was utterly horrible to watch. I won 9 buyins off these tards. I can actually afford play $50 again. But this brings on a bad thought; one that I will have to watch closely. Am I just on a downswing at $50NL or am I just not at that level of play yet. I know it is a bad thought, but hell I made more money playing a night at the $25 tables than I have in a long time at $50. Back before I cashed out my roll I had already crushed the $50's, was doing rather well at $100NL, and was just starting to step into $200. So I hope that isn't the case, but it is a feeling that is currently swimming around in my skull.

Tonight I will try the $50 tables, but If I drop 3 buyins, it's back to the Baby tables. My roll is currently at $700 again. What a crazy month so far. I can't take these roller coaster roll. This must be how aggressive players rolls swell and shrink. I can still make my month's goal of $1000 if the coaster finds an apex and stays out of the valleys.

Good luck all and wish me some too. Oh yea, I almost forgot, take a look at this hand. I didn't win much, but you can still bow before me!

Hand #37040502-46122 at Acre (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 12/Jan/07 05:59:11

kevjoe31 is at seat 0 with $10.
7homey7 is at seat 1 with $57.90.
mcash2 is at seat 2 with $73.10.
AGSK_REP is at seat 3 with $16.35.
Kinetix is at seat 4 with $24.60.
Loose Rock is at seat 5 with $13.05.
TobyTwist is at seat 6 with $6.40.
Scarehooker is at seat 7 with $37 (sitting out).
Imur is at seat 8 with $48.80.
vdawg69 is at seat 9 with $13.30.
The button is at seat 4.

Loose Rock posts the small blind of $.10.
TobyTwist posts the big blind of $.25.

7homey7: -- --
mcash2: 9s 9d
AGSK_REP: -- --
Kinetix: -- --
Loose Rock: -- --
TobyTwist: -- --
Imur: -- --
vdawg69: -- --

Pre-flop:

Imur calls. vdawg69 folds. 7homey7 folds. mcash2
calls. AGSK_REP folds. Kinetix folds. Loose Rock
calls. TobyTwist checks.

Flop (board: Ts Qs Js):

Loose Rock checks. TobyTwist checks. Imur bets $1.
mcash2 calls. Loose Rock folds. TobyTwist folds.


Turn (board: Ts Qs Js 8s):

Imur checks. mcash2 checks.

River (board: Ts Qs Js 8s 8h):

Imur bets $1. mcash2 raises to $3.50. Imur calls.




Showdown:

mcash2 shows 9s 9d.
mcash2 has 9s Ts Qs Js 8s: straight flush, queen high.
Imur mucks cards.
(Imur has Qc As.)


Hand #37040502-46122 Summary:

$.50 is raked from a pot of $10.
mcash2 wins $9.50 with straight flush, queen high.

No comments: