Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Mookie Thru Ash's Eyes



I had a chance to play the Mookie this Weds. 43 started. I did rather well. I ended close to the Big Dance. (Final table.) I stayed above 1500 the whole game. (Until the end that is.)

I hovered slightly above starting stack and then at the 50/100 mark I got a huge suckout. I limp from UTG with 99. Small and Big complete. From – 862. Checks over to me and throw out a ¾ pot raise. SB raises. BB drops. I push and he calls. He turns over SB Special of 82 and I start the praying. River 9 saves my ass.

3400 in chips.

First break brings 27 remaining. I’m in 7th.

After the break. SLB with a below average stack, yet not desperate stack, pushes from UTG with A6. I don’t get that move. Anyone at the table could wake-up with something, which I did. AA. 6 on the flop just to get his hopes up and my ass to pucking what for the payback suckout. No help and I’m left wondering why that hand even went down.

21/43 left and I’m rocking in 3rd with 5265 in chips.

I raise from EP with AQ. Miami Don in LP reraises me. I push, he calls and shows Cowboys. I’m left hoping for an Ace to once again suckout and take down 1st in chips. No such luck and I’m back to 2680 in chips. Not being results oriented at all here, I have to say that I really misplayed this hand. I normally limp from EP with this unsuited hand. But I was felling it. I was playing well and getting cards and hitting. Not only raising with this hand out of character for me, the push was stupid and all around a bad play. Don is tight-aggressive and I should have respected that bet.

120/240/25 and I’m dropping in the ranks quick. I push with Aqs from EP and pickup the blinds.

Then comes my last hand. 120/240/25 and we are down to 14/43. I am sitting sad in 14th. I find 66 in the small. It folds around to me. I push. The big blind is a chick that has been hitting every hand and a lot when behind. She calls and turns over KTs. I’m only about a 5th of her stack and the shorty so in no way is her call bad here. But holy crap is she hitting. The flop brings AQJ for the str8. I am left needing a 6 and a paired board. Obviously no resuck came.

I made some mistakes in the game so I have to be happy with my placement. Man I’d like to cash in one of these damn things.

14/43

Nighty-night.

No comments: